A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #11  
A B would overkill, but THREE BX's aren't?

LOL. He may wait a couple of years to reply to the thread, but that's funny right there...

:D

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.
I'm not slamming the BX's since I've owned 4 and still own one new 2 week old BX2660. I happen to also own a B3200 a couple of months old. Going from seat to seat shows the difference very clearly. I don't think I said one was better than the other, they're just different and each is better than the other for different jobs. I'm also comparing a B3200 to a BX2660. The BX is better for mowing if you have fairly level (no deep ditches to drive through) land because it is more manuverable and sits closer to the ground (good news/bad news). Looking at a bucket and fel is quite a bit different than using one for several hours as I've done with BX's and B's also (only) 35 hours:) on an L3240. I've never had a little B so I'm also talking about a over 30 HP B. I guess I have given this alot of thought as I was mowing today for about 3 hours, is 3 hours alot? What made me start thinking about it was right after using the FEL on the BX2660 and how much different using the FEL is on the B's. I also think about it when I read posts from people with BX's that believe they are better than all other Kubotas even though they have actually never owned any of the other model Kubotas. Same when I read one from a B owner that says how much better the B is than the BX and they've never owned or spent hours on one. I mentioned before that saying a truck is better than a station wagon doesn't make sense. They are both 4 wheeled (usually) vehicles but children, hay, manure, groceries, etc decide which is the better vehicle. I believe I said if I had to choose one I'd choose the BX since I have most of my yardwork done and mostly mow now. Guess that will bring the B owners out of the corner.:) If anyone wants to do a direct comparison instead of a paper/internet comparison then your welcome to come try mine out in Somerset and then I'll take you to Barlows to sign the papers.:D Have a great day all of you satisfied B and BX owners and also all of you L and M owners and let me not forget you F owners.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #13  
Just got off my so so BX after 2 1/2 hours of bush hogging and tilling...Some day I hope to have a B model.

Don

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #14  
... and a B just isn't an L :D For me, the BX didn't feel substantially larger than my G series so I moved up to the B.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #15  
I've never owned a BX so I can't comment. When I got the B2400 about 9 years ago, there was no such thing as a BX. I was looking for the "ideal" compromise tractor. One that wasn't too big for yard work but could still potter around the pasture and not be overwhelmed. At the time that was a B2400. I've since added a L4740 with a cab for the pasture work at the house and the farm and also have a M5700 at the farm. They're all good tractors, just different and used for different things.

As the OP stated, what is best for you depends strictly on what you are going to spend most of your time doing with it.

By the way, I too spent 4 hours today with the B2400 mowing the yard and I can't imagine doing it with anything smaller but then again, it's what I'm used to. Now the "F" series front mounted mowers, that's a different story all together. :)

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #16  
I'm not slamming the BX's since I've owned 4 and still own one new 2 week old BX2660. I happen to also own a B3200 a couple of months old. Going from seat to seat shows the difference very clearly. I don't think I said one was better than the other, they're just different and each is better than the other for different jobs. I'm also comparing a B3200 to a BX2660. The BX is better for mowing if you have fairly level (no deep ditches to drive through) land because it is more manuverable and sits closer to the ground (good news/bad news). Looking at a bucket and fel is quite a bit different than using one for several hours as I've done with BX's and B's also (only) 35 hours:) on an L3240. I've never had a little B so I'm also talking about a over 30 HP B. I guess I have given this alot of thought as I was mowing today for about 3 hours, is 3 hours alot? What made me start thinking about it was right after using the FEL on the BX2660 and how much different using the FEL is on the B's. I also think about it when I read posts from people with BX's that believe they are better than all other Kubotas even though they have actually never owned any of the other model Kubotas. Same when I read one from a B owner that says how much better the B is than the BX and they've never owned or spent hours on one. I mentioned before that saying a truck is better than a station wagon doesn't make sense. They are both 4 wheeled (usually) vehicles but children, hay, manure, groceries, etc decide which is the better vehicle. I believe I said if I had to choose one I'd choose the BX since I have most of my yardwork done and mostly mow now. Guess that will bring the B owners out of the corner.:) If anyone wants to do a direct comparison instead of a paper/internet comparison then your welcome to come try mine out in Somerset and then I'll take you to Barlows to sign the papers.:D Have a great day all of you satisfied B and BX owners and also all of you L and M owners and let me not forget you F owners.

Like I said previously, you sure have given this an awful lot of thought which is not a bad thing and you are certainly right as I was convinced from my Internet research that a B series tractor was the one for me until I went to the dealer for a side by side comparison.

Having driven tractors of all sizes for over fifty years also helped as I have learned before that what I want is not always what I need. I have also learned to stay the heck away from Kubota dealers as much as possible because I just know there is one more I NEED; just can't figure which one.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #17  
... and a B just isn't an L :D For me, the BX didn't feel substantially larger than my G series so I moved up to the B.

Thats why you a BX - a B - and an L:D

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #18  
A BX would do it all on my property, but I like having a G and a B. My B7610 lifts more than a BX, and the G1800-S (4WS) maneuvers around all my obstacles better than a BX. I definitely think that the BX would feel too big mowing around everything. The combined investment in both (used) was way less than a BX new, and many of them used (although, I've seen some pretty good deals on BX's lately). I definitely don't need the ground clearance of the B on my property, but since I have the G1800, I don't mow with the B, so a BX would be no advantage over a B.

All that said, if I had to have only one, it would definitely be a BX, and likely a BX1800 or BX1830, as a really don't need the 24HP that my B7610 has, and the 18hp BX's can be had for less money (although, I recently saw a BX2200 w/ FEL and MMM on CL for $6,700 -- sold now).

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #19  
Thanks for the insight JohnThomas..............................Barlow's must love to see you comin'!

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #20  
Started with a BX2200 MMM FEL and after one year traded it to a B7800 FEL and also bought a BX1500 MMM. Traded my B7800 FEL to a L3240 FEL after 3 years of use. After one year of use I traded the L3240 to a B3200 FEL 60" bucket early this year. I also trade my BX1500 MMM after 3 years of use last year to a BX2350 MMM and after one year with the BX2350 I traded it a couple weeks ago to a BX2660 MMM FEL.

I see we're in need of a "How many Kubota's have you owned?" thread! :)

My BX is perfect for my needs, but it's my wants that have Bs and Ls dancing in my head!