A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Started with a BX2200 MMM FEL and after one year traded it to a B7800 FEL and also bought a BX1500 MMM. Traded my B7800 FEL to a L3240 FEL after 3 years of use. After one year of use I traded the L3240 to a B3200 FEL 60" bucket early this year. I also trade my BX1500 MMM after 3 years of use last year to a BX2350 MMM and after one year with the BX2350 I traded it a couple weeks ago to a BX2660 MMM FEL. Have done some FEL work with the B3200 this year and today for the first time did a bit of FEL work with the BX2660 because my wife caught me using it while mowing. Told her I'd do it later with the B3200 but it wasn't much needing to be done so went ahead and did it with the BX. Later took loader off BX and mowed for about 3 hours. As I was mowing and thinking about the BX and the B I kept thinking "a BX ain't no B, it just "ain't" no matter how much some people think they are". When it comes to FEL work and the "feel" of the tractor and solid feel when working. The ease of use and control of the front bucket is also big difference. Hate to say it BX guys but it just "ain't". The BX will mow better than all the others except for my F2680E but mows all the F will do. The B is the tops for my 5 acres of residential treed, rocked, gullied hillside for loader work. The BX is tops for mowing. If I had to choose just one I'd have to go with the BX since I do 90% mowing and 10% FEL and other uses. (Boxblade/Landscape rake with B) and Overseeder and fertilize spreader with BX by preference. If you BX owners are thinking of trading and have never tried a B, do so before you trade and you'll see what B owners know that you don't.:) Mowing only F, Mowing and some FEL work a BX but FEL work and some mowing a B and if flat land farming or bunch of FEL work an L. Don't know anything about M's other than they're hugh.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #2  
AMEN!!!

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #3  
Good grief, you sure have given this a lot of thought. I owned a BX2200 60 MMM FEL for five years and this year sold it to my son in law to get a B2920 as I was sure from all of my Internet searches that was the tractor for me. After going and seeing them "in person" alongside a BX2660, I bought the BX2660 60" MMM FEL as the B just wouldn't work for my applications. No, the BX is not a B and which is "better" depends on your application. For me the BX is the best and believe me I had my heart set on the B.

Due to my needs, I had to have a B and a dedicated mower or a BX and a larger tractor and since I already had another tractor; no real decision to make. For serious FEL work I use my cabbed 80hp tractor. However, if I absolutely HAD to do everything with a BX, I could while I could not with a B.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #4  
Uhh...OK...for my small horse farm, I could not imagine a more versitile machine for the money. It has done everything I have needed and then some. 400 hours in 1 1/2 years and I don't think I will need another tractor.

But, I have never tried a "B". :)

Deano

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #5  
What makes a BX mow so much better than a B?

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #6  
Now I feel guilty for owning a BX (not)......Thanks alot! :D For my purposes the BX23 is the right tractor...With its combined BH and FEL that came as a package and items/implements I've added since, it's been a great workhorse, again for My purposes...I don't pretend to get up at 0400 and plow 100 acres before lunch with it...For my small acreage and what it will do, it's just right thank you.

Don

Last edited:
   / A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #7  
Good grief, you sure have given this a lot of thought. I owned a BX2200 60 MMM FEL for five years and this year sold it to my son in law to get a B2920 as I was sure from all of my Internet searches that was the tractor for me. After going and seeing them "in person" alongside a BX2660, I bought the BX2660 60" MMM FEL as the B just wouldn't work for my applications. No, the BX is not a B and which is "better" depends on your application. For me the BX is the best and believe me I had my heart set on the B.
I had found a used B 2410 and was sure that was the model Kubota I wanted.
Thoutht the price might be pretty good but thought I'd better check the price on a new B2410 .
Went to the dealer saw the BX23 for the first time was love at first site.
Got a BX23 /never looked back.

A B would have been over kill back then and even worse overkill now than I have 95 percent of everything done around here.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #8  
Johnthomas. Has this been building up for a while?
But hey I know what you are trying to say. When someone posts "Hey guys I'm planning on digging an open cut mine. Do you think a BX will do the job?" And someone answers "Mine has never let me down" I get kind of annoyed too. Its not real helpful.

First time tractor buyers rarely appreciate the importance of weight and traction. (In fact they might see 'weight' as a negative). They compare HP, bucket size, lift capacity etc without really understanding that its all rather meaningless if your wheels are spinning. Provided you have the room, if you are loading, digging, dozing and plowing the weight of a B (or bigger) will usually help you do it easier and safer.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #9  
I had found a used B 2410 and was sure that was the model Kubota I wanted.
Thoutht the price might be pretty good but thought I'd better check the price on a new B2410 .
Went to the dealer saw the BX23 for the first time was love at first site.
Got a BX23 /never looked back.

A B would have been over kill back then and even worse overkill now than I have 95 percent of everything done around here.

A B would overkill, but THREE BX's aren't?

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #10  
I wish I had read this sort of discussion on my first purchase. But I was blinded by the BX can do anything comments. The smaller B is a much better fit for my needs. But I probably had to buy one tractor first to see what my needs really were.