Mowing It's better than a BX for mowing!!!

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!!
JOHNTHOMAS,

Just curious why you even have a BX2660 when you have machines that perform better as a mower and as a tractor?

I built my home about 5 years ago on a hilly, gullied, rocky, treed 3 acres. Later added 2 more acres. I started with a BX2200 to be the forever mower and with the fel I figured I could do a little landscaping. Well it went up from there. My home is 5 miles east of town and that's where I keep my BX and B. Retired 8 years ago. About 3 years ago I got money from the bank, they loan money you know, and bought a mobile home park (ministry, it's not a Church). The mobile home park is 4 miles west of town, two miles past Barlows Equipment:D. About 4 or 5 level acres. I had to have a mower for there so bought a Kubota gas 18HP mower. After one season with it I sold it and bought this. F2680E (3hours vs 1 and a half)and now everyone says they'll help me mow. I just say the company won't let them due to legal liability, which is true. I did take the F2680E home one day and it's fantastic but not being 4wd it wouldn't pull some of my yard that is pretty steep. I also hate pulling a trailer so the moving it 9 miles each way isn't an option for me. I have a 16' dual axle trailer but it's for just when I have to.

I'm in the wrong business.................I need to start me a Church in KY.
If you'll work 2 to 3 jobs most of your life and get a good retirement income so you can cover your own costs and maybe add some when needed to the (church) then you need to pack and come on down. If your referring to the storage building it isn't a Church. Alot of people here that see it think it is but it's just a storage building with signs. That's just my personal advertising since it's on the main hwy to Lake Cumberland and the Marina is about 3 miles away. The property had rental storage units but I was using them all so I built this building 24'x72' to put my "stuff" in and just added the signs on the sides and end since it's right on the hwy. I have to stay busy so I'm getting ready to build a 16' x 32' shelter in front so residents can have covered yard sales.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #13  
I built my home about 5 years ago on a hilly, gullied, rocky, treed 3 acres. Later added 2 more acres. I started with a BX2200 to be the forever mower and with the fel I figured I could do a little landscaping. Well it went up from there. My home is 5 miles east of town and that's where I keep my BX and B. Retired 8 years ago. About 3 years ago I got money from the bank, they loan money you know, and bought a mobile home park (ministry, it's not a Church). The mobile home park is 4 miles west of town, two miles past Barlows Equipment:D. About 4 or 5 level acres. I had to have a mower for there so bought a Kubota gas 18HP mower. After one season with it I sold it and bought this. F2680E (3hours vs 1 and a half)and now everyone says they'll help me mow. I just say the company won't let them due to legal liability, which is true. I did take the F2680E home one day and it's fantastic but not being 4wd it wouldn't pull some of my yard that is pretty steep. I also hate pulling a trailer so the moving it 9 miles each way isn't an option for me. I have a 16' dual axle trailer but it's for just when I have to.

Thanks for the clarification and trust me I know what you mean. I have a John Deere 2305 at another farm five miles away along with a Case and ten foot rotary mower and Massey Ferguson with seven foot finish mower. Then there is another farm further away where we have four tractors and a backhoe. We try to keep transport to a minimum too.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #14  
Where do ya mount the FEL?
Seriously, I just got an New last years model Exmark Lazer Z, 3 weeks ago and love it! Not that the BX did not mow well, I like to keep the hours low on it and use the impliments more.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #15  
JT, you crack me up.

I love your Kubota buying spree, really I do, but all the bleating about "somebody please buy a 300 dollar Ratchet Rake first" has me scratching my head...

Nice mower, no doubt.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #17  
A machine that costs 12k and does nothing but mows lawns ought to come with a beer fridge on the side, a grill on the back, and an on call massage therapist. Either that or it better be one kick *** lawn mower

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #18  
There are many micro brew super quality Pro grade mowers around right now. Grasshopper, XMark, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, Gravely, are a few. They mow like gangbusters, and are very durable..... there's nothing like the big Pro grade ZTR's. They make a tractor seem like it's sitting still.

Here's a REAL mower:

CLAAS of America Inc.-Haytools-COUGAR

JT, you crack me up.

I love your Kubota buying spree, really I do, but all the bleating about "somebody please buy a 300 dollar Ratchet Rake first" has me scratching my head...

Nice mower, no doubt.

Other people had bought Kubotas for years and I have seen them. I actually went to the dealers lot and saw and touched the tractors. Knew that dealer had been in business over 30 years. Knew his wife from the Real Estate business. She was also a Real Estate Broker. My issue was never the concern for the cost of the Rake. It was the legitimacy of something on sale on the internet that nobody had one or had ever seen one. There was no one that could verify that this company existed. The Rake looked to good to me to not have sold one, not even one to anyone on this forum which has thousands of tractor owners that buy tractor implements. I've bought hundreds of items on Ebay and have gotten burned on a few of them but the more I bought the less I got burned. Now, as we are finding out from a member on this forum, there are some issues with using the rake. The strap on the bottom is wearing out quickly. The company is going to send him a strap cover. They seem to be learning as they go the fine points of their invention in every day use and are making adjustments. This is a good thing. Again, it's not the price that's the problem. When I see anything that seems to be to good to be true I have learned over the years to believe that it probably isn't true and if it is it will probably be around later for purchase. If I had bought one when I was "bleating" and received it I still would not have used it up to today since I don't have an immediate need for one, just a forseeable need/use.