Mowing It's better than a BX for mowing!!!

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Actually it is better than a BX for mowing. I have a BX2660 60" MMM FEL but this F2680E with 72" front mowing deck will eat the BX up mowing but that's about all it will do but it does that one thing fantastic. Guess you can add implements on the front but I don't. It'll spin on a dime and keep right on mowing. I can't hardly stay on it when I push the pedal all the way down and that's in the turtle speed. Rabbit speed would surely cause nose bleed.:) Someone wanting a fast mower, this is it. Yes, I considered a Zero turn but went for this one with a steering wheel. Some say zeros are faster but I'm not speeding down a paved parking lot, I'm mowing grass on less than perfect ground. You can drive right up under trees and bushes which you can't with a zero turn. Also cutting in front of you on a drop off which you can't do with a zero turn. Just have to remember the rear end is swinging around when you turn. You can see in front of you exactly where the mowing edge is on both sides and with rear discharge deck it lays down a flat spread row of mowed grass, no piled up rows. It's not 4wd so it won't climb like a mountain goat but there is a 4wd model and with the 2wd there is a differential lock to make both wheels pull. Holds 11 gallons of fuel so will mow most of a season for me on one tank. $12000. Not for sale or trade.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    754 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    475.2 KB · Views: 401
   / It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #2  
I have a Toro Groundsmaster like this and your right, it mows like there is no tomorrow. Nice machines for cutting grass.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #3  
But it's not a B model...:(

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #4  
If I see a pic of you hauling a big roll of house wrap with that... well... there will be consequences :rolleyes:

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #5  
JOHNTHOMAS,

Just curious why you even have a BX2660 when you have machines that perform better as a mower and as a tractor?

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #6  
It's a medical condition: LBrownitis.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #7  
   / It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #8  
Holly crap I just glanced at the specs on the diesel unit, 8.0 acres per hour !!

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #9  
I'm in the wrong business.................I need to start me a Church in KY.

/ It's better than a BX for mowing!!! #10  
If you just need a serious mower you want one of these.

Best residential zero turn lawnmowers | lawn mowers for residential use | commercial riding mowers(riding lawn mowers) | industrial lawn mowers- Dixiechopper.com

All it does is mow though.

I think you have to sign a waiver or something because of the extremely high blade speeds, it doesn't mulch, it pulverizes.

I have no idea how much the cost.

There are many micro brew super quality Pro grade mowers around right now. Grasshopper, XMark, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, Gravely, are a few. They mow like gangbusters, and are very durable. Problem for me is, the blade tip speed is extremely high, making them extremely noisy. They throw up a dense cloud of dust like a helicopter. I bet the blades have to be sharpened every 2-3 hours of mowing. But if you don't like to sit in the saddle for hours mowing grass, there's nothing like the big Pro grade ZTR's. They make a tractor seem like it's sitting still.