Oil & Fuel L4200 fuel gauge

/ L4200 fuel gauge #1  

mcd176

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800HD / Kubota B2150
My L4200's fuel gauge does not work, any sugestions on how to troubleshoot it?

/ L4200 fuel gauge #3  
My two year old L2800 reads full all the time. Just started a month ago and I have not taken time to trouble shoot it. I will be interested to see what to look at first. Thanks.

/ L4200 fuel gauge #4  
The fuel gauge on my L4400 is fickle. At one point it got stuck on 'full'. After a refill it went back to working normal. Now it sometimes seems to 'hang' on full but once the tank gets well below half it will start to read fairly accurately. So now I just consider it a rough approximation of how much fuel I have. I've heard about a good many problems with Kubota fuel gauges. Seems odd to me. That's a pretty low tech sort of thing.

/ L4200 fuel gauge
My gauge is reading empty, and it has not ever moved in over a year since I bought the tractor.

/ L4200 fuel gauge #6  
My gauge is reading empty, and it has not ever moved in over a year since I bought the tractor.

Have you tried putting some fuel in it? :D

When I was looking for a tractor I was checking out an older machine and it had a long thin wooden stick tied to the joy stick with a piece of wire. I asked the dealer what it was. He said, "fuel gauge." :D

/ L4200 fuel gauge #7  
The fuel gauge on my L4400 is fickle. At one point it got stuck on 'full'. After a refill it went back to working normal. Now it sometimes seems to 'hang' on full but once the tank gets well below half it will start to read fairly accurately. So now I just consider it a rough approximation of how much fuel I have. I've heard about a good many problems with Kubota fuel gauges. Seems odd to me. That's a pretty low tech sort of thing.

Same here. I don't trust my fuel gage as far as I can throw a loaded tire. I just use it to keep from running out of fuel. I don't pay any attention to it until it gets below 1/4 full, then I go fill it up.

/ L4200 fuel gauge
N80,

I am glad you reminded me to add fuel, that fixed it! :D The sad part is I am sure that has happened a time or too!

/ L4200 fuel gauge #9  
Guess I better pay more attention to the fuel guage on my L4400. Haven't noticed any goofy readings yet, but yesterday I mowed 8 acres of pasture to encourage better growth of natural grasses and the fuel guage read fairly low when I was done. I had no trouble, but it does make you wonder about how close to empty I really was when I finished. I think I will stick the tank just to satisfy my curiousity.

/ L4200 fuel gauge #10  
When my gauge quit working it was mice. I was tracing the wiring and saw it had been chewed. I re spliced it and wrapped it in a piece of aluminum gutter guard.