Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 W/Cab(Mine), Kubota B2150 (Dads)

Default L4200 fuel gauge

My L4200's fuel gauge does not work, any sugestions on how to troubleshoot it?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kubota L4200
    Kubota B2150
    John Deere 170
    Several Implements

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD W/Duramax Diesel

2005 HARLEY DAVIDSON SOFTAIL FOR SALE!

Link to my custom cab: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...completed.html

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: L4200 fuel gauge

Is it reading full or empty? is it always reading wrong or is it intermittent?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800

My two year old L2800 reads full all the time. Just started a month ago and I have not taken time to trouble shoot it. I will be interested to see what to look at first. Thanks.

N80
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

The fuel gauge on my L4400 is fickle. At one point it got stuck on 'full'. After a refill it went back to working normal. Now it sometimes seems to 'hang' on full but once the tank gets well below half it will start to read fairly accurately. So now I just consider it a rough approximation of how much fuel I have. I've heard about a good many problems with kubota fuel gauges. Seems odd to me. That's a pretty low tech sort of thing.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor

My gauge is reading empty, and it has not ever moved in over a year since I bought the tractor.
    Kubota L4200
    Kubota B2150
    John Deere 170
    Several Implements

N80
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Quote Originally Posted by mcd176 View Post
    My gauge is reading empty, and it has not ever moved in over a year since I bought the tractor.
    Have you tried putting some fuel in it?

When I was looking for a tractor I was checking out an older machine and it had a long thin wooden stick tied to the joy stick with a piece of wire. I asked the dealer what it was. He said, "fuel gauge."
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    L4400

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    The fuel gauge on my L4400 is fickle. At one point it got stuck on 'full'. After a refill it went back to working normal. Now it sometimes seems to 'hang' on full but once the tank gets well below half it will start to read fairly accurately. So now I just consider it a rough approximation of how much fuel I have. I've heard about a good many problems with kubota fuel gauges. Seems odd to me. That's a pretty low tech sort of thing.
    Same here. I don't trust my fuel gage as far as I can throw a loaded tire. I just use it to keep from running out of fuel. I don't pay any attention to it until it gets below 1/4 full, then I go fill it up.
    -

Bob

From the heart of Cajun Country

Tractor

N80,

I am glad you reminded me to add fuel, that fixed it! The sad part is I am sure that has happened a time or too!
    Kubota L4200
    Kubota B2150
    John Deere 170
    Several Implements

Tractor
    Kubota L4400HST, R4 tires, L2228 Quick-attach setup

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Guess I better pay more attention to the fuel guage on my L4400. Haven't noticed any goofy readings yet, but yesterday I mowed 8 acres of pasture to encourage better growth of natural grasses and the fuel guage read fairly low when I was done. I had no trouble, but it does make you wonder about how close to empty I really was when I finished. I think I will stick the tank just to satisfy my curiousity.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

When my gauge quit working it was mice. I was tracing the wiring and saw it had been chewed. I re spliced it and wrapped it in a piece of aluminum gutter guard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast