Extend the warranty or Not?

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #1  

beersngars

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HSD
I just got a notice from Kubota that my 2 year warranty will expire at the end of next month. I own a L3400HST and have about 70 hours on it.

My question is, do I buy the extended warranty or not. Anyone else on the bubble on this issue.

BTW...I have had ZERO problems with my machine, but would appreciate others opinion. TIA

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #2  
How much is it?

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #3  
That's a tough call...Not sure what the extenion/time frame cost is...Personally, I don't purchase warranty extensions...Good luck.
Don

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #4  
I don't buy warranties on anything and have made money this way comparing actual repairs vs cost of insurance. I do a lot of research before buying and if an it looks like I would need an extended warranty, I get something else.

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #5  
Extended warranties are not offered as a public service. The companies that offer them, make money on the deal. This means that the odds are that you will NOT need the warranty, to the extent of the cost.

The only way I could see paying for an extended warranty, is if you were in a position where you really needed the item to be in service for you, and could not afford to pay for an event, like a catastrophic repair. Of course, your budget still needs to able able to cover the payment(s) on the warranty.

For every one person that ends up needing the warranty, there are lots of people, who don't.

So the real question is: Do you feel lucky?

/ Extend the warranty or Not?
[QUOTE
So the real question is: Do you feel lucky?[/QUOTE]

Good one!!!:)

I have a call into the dealer to find out the cost of the warranty. I work as a finance and insurance manager at a large Ford dealership and see all the time the benefit of warranties. As a matter of fact, I have used the ESP's (Extended Service Plans) on my personal vehicles and more than once have recouped the cost of the plan.

I guess at the end of the day it's a gamble.

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #7  
Let Me Clear This Up.

If you buy the extended warranty.....you willn"t need it.

If you don"t buy it...you will need it.

Glad I could help!
Frank

/ Extend the warranty or Not?
The dealer just called me back. Looks like I will take my chances. The 1 year extension is $600 and 2 years is $1200. :eek:

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #9  
The dealer just called me back. Looks like I will take my chances. The 1 year extension is $600 and 2 years is $1200. :eek:

Just out of curiosity, do you know if the extended warranty includes dealer pick up and return to your place?

Don

/ Extend the warranty or Not? #10  

Just out of curiosity, have you tried EBay? I know they have sold warranties that where less than half what the company or many was asking. These were on Rhinos and ATV's, never checked to see if they were offered on anything else as I don't buy warranties.