Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link.

/ Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link. #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
Here are the pics of my completed HYD Top Link. The link is a CAT 2 from C&CM and everything was provided except the 3/8" fittings to connect the hoses to the Top Link.

I just think they forgot to provide them and rather then call and have them send them I just went ahead and picked some up so I coukl complete my install.

Stu

Attachments

• Hyd Top Link 1.JPG
    Hyd Top Link 1.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Hyd Top Link 2.JPG
    Hyd Top Link 2.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 268
  • Hyd Top Link 3.JPG
    Hyd Top Link 3.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 266
   / Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link. #3  
That looks great and super handy.

I'm going to try to get the same setup ordered for my 5303 this afternoon.

Thanks for the pictures.

/ Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link. #4  
mr psdstu: setup looks useful and possibly safer to use than stepping off tractor w/the conventional screw adjustment link. C&CM company offers 2 lengths on their cat 2 hyd link. which one did you get and how did you measure to determine, shortest collapsed distance? am considering for my 8540. and their hose fittings fit everything on your M including correct length? Any problems w/bleed down when not in use? thanks in advance bb

/ Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link.
mr psdstu: setup looks useful and possibly safer to use than stepping off tractor w/the conventional screw adjustment link. C&CM company offers 2 lengths on their cat 2 hyd link. which one did you get and how did you measure to determine, shortest collapsed distance? am considering for my 8540. and their hose fittings fit everything on your M including correct length? Any problems w/bleed down when not in use? thanks in advance bb

BB,

The one I got from C&CM was the 21.5-30" version. What I did was measure the center to center length when I had my RM990 Mower hooked up which has the most top link travel..... I measured 26.5" and figured the 21.5 to 30 would fit my needs.

They told me there standard hose length was 30" and that seems to work good for my use.

You will most likely have to move the top link hookup to the middle hole in order for the top link to properly rotate when you lift the 3 point. Because the Hyd Top link ends are larger then the manual screw top link also required a little grinding to get it to fit into the tractor top link mounting.

There was no mods needed to any of my CAT 2 attachments, but because my RM990 mower's top link connection was setup for CAT 1 I did have to spread the mowers swinging top link a little to get my Hyd top link to fit..... really not that big a deal.

Being able to adjust the top link on the fly, especially from the Cab is going to save me alot of having to stop and adjust the manual screw top link.

I don't think anyone regrets having one!

Stu

/ Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link. #6  
hey thanks stu on this....any chatter issues with your setup? (from other posts). imagine their supplies lines are 1/4"? do they swivel? I can see the usefulness on this item.....what about when you 1st hook up or detach an implement....making fine screw adjustments (on std top link) to extend to an implement hooking up, or relieving the bind when detaching is simple when you're standing there.... with the hyd top link do you find yourself making the trip to the remote lever several times to get this fine tuning a chore or not a problem? thanks bb

hey thanks stu on this....any chatter issues with your setup? (from other posts). imagine their supplies lines are 1/4"? do they swivel? I can see the usefulness on this item.....what about when you 1st hook up or detach an implement....making fine screw adjustments (on std top link) to extend to an implement hooking up, or relieving the bind when detaching is simple when you're standing there.... with the hyd top link do you find yourself making the trip to the remote lever several times to get this fine tuning a chore or not a problem? thanks bb

I haven't noticed any chatter with this setup, and yes, the supply lines are 1/4", with one end 3/8" female, and the other end 1/2" male, all pipe threads. There are no swivel connections on the hoses provided, I didn't ask about them, but they maybe able to provide them, or you could get the hoses made locally with the swivel fittings.

It's not that big a deal to either extend or retract the top link, probably a little bit more so with my cab, but I also think you could make some adjustments by moving to lever cable on the rear remote... I haven't tried that but it looks doable.

Stu

/ Pics of my M5040 HYP Top Link. #8  
Stu,

Congrat's on getting it all hooked up. Looks like a professional job, then then again, C&CM provides a nice HTL, just couldn't justify the expense for my little BX.

So how did you end up connecting the QC's to your female remote ports? Did the dealer have the right QC fittings?

Stu,

Congrat's on getting it all hooked up. Looks like a professional job, then then again, C&CM provides a nice HTL, just couldn't justify the expense for my little BX.

So how did you end up connecting the QC's to your female remote ports? Did the dealer have the right QC fittings?

Chris,

The Pioneer fitting that CCM supplied worked fine after my dealer showed me how to correctly insert them in the tractor's QC fittings which I discovered were stuck and I had to free them up.... all is well now.

Stu

with the hyd top link do you find yourself making the trip to the remote lever several times to get this fine tuning a chore or not a problem? thanks bb

BB,

I found today that if I am careful that I can make the top link move in and out from the rear remote....... but it's probably not a safe place to be between the running tractor and the attachment.... just be careful!!

Stu