Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Default Re: hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong?

What you are seeing is normal. I wrestled with implements on my first tractor 6 years ago then bought a Pat's quick hitch system. Have since also bought a cheap set off ebay. Here are pictures of each set. The dollies sound/look like a great idea but I haven't done it yet but plan on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p1050277-jpg   -p1050589-jpg  
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1994 Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

Thanks guys, I really wasn't sure if it was me or something was wrong.

That would be awesome if I could swap the pins - they are indeed pointing "out". But I bet they're welded in place or something? I'lll check that first though.

I like the idea of the quick hitch set up but will try the leveling and pins out first since I won't be using it that much.
    60" Kubota MMM, 48" Landpride Bush hog, snow blade, 6 blade disc, plow

Silver Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by swmpbgy1 View Post
    Where abouts are you in WV? I'm just south of Morgantown.
    I'm around Rivesville area.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by asylum575 View Post

Maybe LBrown59 is on to something with a tractor for each job.
    I haven't ran into any of these problems yet in 5 years of tractor owning.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

The last point (pun intended) is that hitching up the top hitch is a pain.... which is greatly reduced if you have a hydraulic top link AND can reach the hydraulic lever to adjust it while holding the top link in place. I made a PVC pipe device that fits over the hydraulic lever and reaches back out of the cab so I can shorten/lengthen top link and then fit the top pin in when it's just right.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

I second the PATS easy change system..MAKES a WORLD of difference, and the I added a hydraulic top link...now its a snap!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-121-jpg  
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Silver Member
    Tractor

Excuse the fact I know nothing about this stuff - what uses are there for the hydraulic top link? I see where it could be very useful to adjust that independently of anything else.

Could I raise the MMM and then use the hydraulic top link to lower a brush hog, that way I wouldn't have to remove the MMM every time I brush hog?

Oh - actually I don't think I can on the B7100 - i think the PTO always spins.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

do a search on TBN for hydraulic top link.... the uses and experience has been widely discussed. let's just say that I consider it a mandatory attachment if you have more than one 3ph implement ... it also is totally wonderful for setting the angle of the rear implement... all from the SEAT
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

I have a tractor with wide turf tires and I move some of pins to the inside and it works much better.
    What also works for me it that I always do the left lower link first then the top link and then the right side lower link.
    I wished twenty years ago when I got my first 'Bota that someone had written a "Tractor 3 point hitch for Dummies". You're lucky now...you have tractorbynet.com for help
    Good luck.
    Larry

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by grossgary View Post
    Excuse the fact I know nothing about this stuff - what uses are there for the hydraulic top link? I see where it could be very useful to adjust that independently of anything else.

Could I raise the MMM and then use the hydraulic top link to lower a brush hog, that way I wouldn't have to remove the MMM every time I brush hog?

Oh - actually I don't think I can on the B7100 - i think the PTO always spins.
    The basic use of a HTL is to be able to adjust the angle of attack for something like a box blade or rake or rear blade. You can adjust how aggressively the implement contacts the soil without leaving your seat. I do find it helpful for when I need to raise an implement a little higher to clear a rock or stone wall for example - just contract the HTL cylinder and up it goes.

They won't let you independently raise or lower your 3PH and MMM, but there is a way to do that on a BX and that is to rotate your mower height control knob to "TOP" which pins the deck up even when you lower the 3PH.

Here's a pic of my HTL

Edit: Oops I see you have a B so I'm not sure if you have the MMM control knob like the BX's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bx1860-hydraulic-top-link-003-a  
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast