hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong?

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #11  
What you are seeing is normal. I wrestled with implements on my first tractor 6 years ago then bought a Pat's quick hitch system. Have since also bought a cheap set off ebay. Here are pictures of each set. The dollies sound/look like a great idea but I haven't done it yet but plan on it.

Attachments

• P1050277.jpg
    P1050277.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 453
  • P1050589.jpg
    P1050589.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 379
   / hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong?
Thanks guys, I really wasn't sure if it was me or something was wrong.

That would be awesome if I could swap the pins - they are indeed pointing "out". But I bet they're welded in place or something? I'lll check that first though.

I like the idea of the quick hitch set up but will try the leveling and pins out first since I won't be using it that much.

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #15  
The last point (pun intended) is that hitching up the top hitch is a pain.... which is greatly reduced if you have a hydraulic top link AND can reach the hydraulic lever to adjust it while holding the top link in place. I made a PVC pipe device that fits over the hydraulic lever and reaches back out of the cab so I can shorten/lengthen top link and then fit the top pin in when it's just right.:D

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #16  
I second the PATS easy change system..MAKES a WORLD of difference, and the I added a hydraulic top link...now its a snap!!!:D

Attachments

• Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 437
   / hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong?
Excuse the fact I know nothing about this stuff - what uses are there for the hydraulic top link? I see where it could be very useful to adjust that independently of anything else.

Could I raise the MMM and then use the hydraulic top link to lower a brush hog, that way I wouldn't have to remove the MMM every time I brush hog?

Oh - actually I don't think I can on the B7100 - i think the PTO always spins.

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #18  
do a search on TBN for hydraulic top link.... the uses and experience has been widely discussed. let's just say that I consider it a mandatory attachment if you have more than one 3ph implement ... it also is totally wonderful for setting the angle of the rear implement... all from the SEAT:D

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #19  
I have a tractor with wide turf tires and I move some of pins to the inside and it works much better.
What also works for me it that I always do the left lower link first then the top link and then the right side lower link.
I wished twenty years ago when I got my first 'Bota that someone had written a "Tractor 3 point hitch for Dummies". You're lucky now...you have tractorbynet.com for help
Good luck.
Larry

/ hooking up 3PH to attachment - is this normal or wrong? #20  
Excuse the fact I know nothing about this stuff - what uses are there for the hydraulic top link? I see where it could be very useful to adjust that independently of anything else.

Could I raise the MMM and then use the hydraulic top link to lower a brush hog, that way I wouldn't have to remove the MMM every time I brush hog?

Oh - actually I don't think I can on the B7100 - i think the PTO always spins.

The basic use of a HTL is to be able to adjust the angle of attack for something like a box blade or rake or rear blade. You can adjust how aggressively the implement contacts the soil without leaving your seat. I do find it helpful for when I need to raise an implement a little higher to clear a rock or stone wall for example - just contract the HTL cylinder and up it goes.

They won't let you independently raise or lower your 3PH and MMM, but there is a way to do that on a BX and that is to rotate your mower height control knob to "TOP" which pins the deck up even when you lower the 3PH.

Here's a pic of my HTL

Edit: Oops I see you have a B so I'm not sure if you have the MMM control knob like the BX's

Attachments

• BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 003.JPG
    BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 003.JPG
    807.3 KB · Views: 781