B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy?

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #1  

tommyz270

Silver Member
Tractor
Still looking...
I'm probably going to be buying a 2920 within a week or two (latest).

For those of you with a B230,2620, or 2920 - what size bush hog and box blade do you have or would you suggest?

I'm thinking a 60" and that's what the dealer I'm working with suggested, but wondering if that's too large and should go with the 48". I've read on TBN that you shouldn't go wider than the tractor when it comes to implements, but would like to hear from those who have these...

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #2  
60" implements is pushing it. I'd be looking at the 48"-54" units instead.

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #3  
I'd be going with the 60" or very close to it at least.

You should always be sure to be wider then the tractor with attachments!

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #4  
The Kubota manual for the B2x20's says 60 inches for rear-mount 2 or 3 blade mower. Midmount mower - 60". Flail mower is 48" for 2620 and 2920. Rotary cutter, 1 blade - 48". Front or rear blade -60". Box blade 54". Cultivator 54" , Disc harrow - 60", Rotary tiller 50" for 26 or 2920. It's all in the manual.

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #5  
I believe I have a 54 inch on my B2920. I wish I had gotten bigger. the 54 inch seems rather small and never seems to bog down. It feels to me like I could have easily done a 60.

The biggest concern seems to be startup. Getting those big cutter blades going round and round, but with the clutch, you can ease them up to speed, which in turn does not tax the engine and drive train or PTO HP very much.

Larry

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #6  
I have a 48" box blade on the B2320 (had it from the BX) and it feels like it could easily handle another foot of blade.

/ B2x20 series - what size implement size to buy? #7  
I have a B2620. I bought the 60" landpride box blade and tractor as a package from the dealer when I got it. Works great. Occasionally if the blade is full and I try to cut a large bump at the same time, the tractor will sit there a spin the wheels. This is more of a weight issue than a power issue I think. I also have a 60" finishing mower which I used to cut my pasture. When the pasture was 5 feet high, I took half cuts and went slow. It worked fine. Now that everthing is cut down, I can zip along no problem.

Dop