Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #21  
I have a BX 24 and love that I bought a machine with a BACKHOE!!!

I wouldn't want one without it.

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #22  
1. Kind of a small piece, what's the split?
2. If you are set on mowing it get rid of the trees and smooth it out.
3. Any tractor will weigh more, if you add a decent BH a lot more.
4, Dig some of those trees out, spread the dirt around and level it out.
5. Again - another vote for a BH.

It really sounds like you need a small BX w/BH. This spring I passed on a few BX23's, 24's before I got my present ride. They were just way to small for me.
1**Check out Barlows - Used Kubota Tractors used.
Right now he's got 3 TLB's that fit your needs. He's well respected and shipping may not be that much.

Also - one of the advantages of a backhoe is the SHEAR FUN.
And make sure you get a thumb!
*I second that thought

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #23  
*And Mr. Brown would never be biased.

As has been said many times and I agree. Either machine can do the job. But if your primary purpose is to mow lawns then get a BX. If your primary purpose is everything else I think you are better off with a B. The 3 Speed Transfer case alone is worth it.
*Who me ! :eek:

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #24  
Well, I hate to be in the minority, but I have no need for a backhoe, at least not enough to spend the money for it and bother of putting it on and taking it off. My brother and I have a full size backhoe at our other farm and I haven't used it in years. If you need one fine, but don't spend the money on something someone else thinks you "need". Just an opinion.

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #25  
i use a b7800 on 8 acres. for 3 acres a bx would be good esp. if you're just mowing the lawn.

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #26  
I own about the same acreage, which I would agree is not the determining factor for tractor model. I mostly mow, but do some snow removal and plan to do more land improvements in the next couple of years. My first tractor was a BX2350, but despite liking the machine a lot, some of its issues (jerky trans, etc.) were enough to get me to trade. I thought I'd get the BX2660, but ended up with a B2620. The BX cuts the grass better, but the B does it quite well too and I like the slightly bigger machine. Either one will do the job, but for me it was a matter of preference. Anything bigger than a B on my property would be cumbersome, although I suppose one could justify anything to themselves (which I've done quite enough of!).

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #27  
I suppose one could justify anything to themselves (which I've done quite enough of!).

I think a lot of us are guilty of that.

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #28  
Lest we accept that anything is "too big", I have been known to mow my two acre yard with my Case CX80 cabbed tractor with 8' finish mower when I had it up here doing something else around my property; seemed to be a shame to climb down out of the AC and fire up my Kubota.;)

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres #29  
Backhoes are like washing machines....

Once you have one, it's just really hard to live without.

/ Complete newbie What Kubota for 3.1 acres
Wow, Thanks for all the replies.

I have lots of brush that would really destroy my Zero turn mower and I'd feel better with just using a blade or a backhoe to get it up and dump in the eroded areas along my creek. I want the bush hog for the front pasture-like land because of the type of plants that grow there and I could get up against the creek edge and back the bush hog up the edge where I cannot do that on my zero turn.

I chose Kubota due to what I've heard about their reliability. I am considering a John Deere also due to their quick attach implements, and reputation.

I don't have the need for much ground clearance and am looking at the smaller units because I want one small enough to cross my bridge. My 52 inch zero turn weighs in at aroudn 600 lbs with gasoline and my 290 makes it a half ton. I figure a bx1x50 or bx2200 would be perfect.