Kubota Tool Box Noise

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #1  

have_blue

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4400
Any creative ways to keep the little tool box quiet? I don't like to whine and complain, but it vibrates so loudly it drives me nuts.

The only things I have thought of so far are removing it, or pouring it full of molten lead. :eek:

I need better options, because I like to store my PTO cover and some grab hooks in it. (it vibrates even when it's empty).

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #2  
smile.gif
What box on what tractor ?
smile.gif

Any creative ways to keep the little tool box quiet? I don't like to whine and complain, but it vibrates so loudly it drives me nuts.

The only things I have thought of so far are removing it, or pouring it full of molten lead. :eek:

I need better options, because I like to store my PTO cover and some grab hooks in it. (it vibrates even when it's empty).

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #3  
Years ago I installed a rubber roof on a part of the house. I had a lot left over and have used it for darn near everything around the house ever since. Line the toolbox with some rubber roofing or sheet foam (Armaflex) insulation. Or, try some Fatmat or Dynamat. I lined the floors of an old car for sound proofing. That would work too.

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #4  
On my toolbox, on the outside I used rubber washers to stop the vibration.

Also, on the inside I keep a few rags for clean up as well as it helps quite down the inside noise.

Ivan

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #5  
Rubber mounts and a carpet remnant in the bottom of the box.

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #6  
few rags of a pair or two gloves might help

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise
What box on what tractor ?

The noisy box on the noisy tractor.

All seriousness aside, the little tool box on my L4400. You can hear that tractor coming a mile away, buzzing like an angry, monstrously big wasp. All that noise is from the tiny little 50 cent tool box. My ears are still ringing from mowing yesterday. If I hadn't misplaced my crowbar, it would have been set free.

I guess I could use it for a rock polisher. By the time I mow 8 acres, the rocks should be polished to gem quality.

Maybe I'll fill it with Great Stuff polyurethane insulating foam, and dig out compartments for my tools to fit tightly.

/ Kubota Tool Box Noise #9  
I had the same issue and I ended up just getting a 1' piece of 1/8 inch rubber vacume line hose and slit it down the middle and then slid it over the lip of the tool box. Problem solved. The latch is much tighter as well.