bx 3pt

/ bx 3pt #1  

automech

Silver Member
Tractor
bx1500
Is there a way to make the 3 pt arms travel down farther while the mmm is attached? I would like to reach down farther when attaching so I can lift higher. The mower seems to keep the arms from reaching all the way down. I tried lowering the mower to its lowest setting but the wheels keep it at 3 inches cause that's where they are set. So the eyes of the arms are at 13 inches off the ground when lowered.

/ bx 3pt #2  
3pt arm on one side is adjustable to tilt what is attached. replace the no-adjustable one with one like on the other side and wala you have it
That is what I did on my 1800

/ bx 3pt #3  
I think if you move the knob on the floor to the TOP position when the mower is up, it will stay in the highest position then you can lower the 3pt all the way.

/ bx 3pt #4  
Lift everything up as high as it will go. Turn the mower deck position knob to "top". Push the lift lever down to lower the deck and 3PH. The deck will go down maybe 1/2 inch and the unladen 3PH arms will probably stop too. With the lift lever in the "down" position, just shove the 3PH arms down by hand...they'll go all the way down. And when you attach something, the weight of the attachment will pull the 3PH down also.

While the MMM position and 3PH position are tied together, it is more of a "bottom stop" arrangment...either can go DOWN while the other stays UP, but they cannot be lifted independently.

Hope that helps.

/ bx 3pt #5  
i've often admitted to being an idiot, though, i'm a patient one. i just followed keithinspace instructions on lowering the 3pt hitch. on my bx2360, i have a dealer installed land pride qh-15 series cat 1 quick hitch.
my weight box is on a furniture dolly, yet their still needs to be some 6 to 8 inches additional downward travel to allow me to hook the weight box pins.
i just put the question to my dealer, and he was surprized- though, he will call kubota technical on the solution.
any other input greatly appreciated.
thanks a shankopotomus million, shrekbelly

/ bx 3pt #6  
...they'll go all the way down.
A clarification, Mr. Shrekbelly:

I don't mean "to the floor" all the way down. I just mean as far down as is mechanically permissible. On my tractor, that leaves the implement-end eyes of the lower bars ~4 inches off the ground. The higher mounting points of the 50- and 60-series tractors would lead me to believe they can only get within 6 or 8 inches of the ground.

If that's still too high, either sit your implements up higher or let the air out of your rear tires.

And to your benefit, anything is better than being in IMPATIENT idiot. The hammer comes out much to quick from their quiver of possible tools to use.

/ bx 3pt #7  
keith,
as i tried to explain to my kubota guy, what good is the quick hitch if it won't go down low enough to pick up implements that are on dollies? i put it in terms of . . .what about this height discrepency and trying to attach and run a tiller, rear blade, box blade or landscape rake? hopefully he (we'll get a solution).
regards, shrekbelly

/ bx 3pt #8  
I know this is pretty obvious but do you have the one quarter inching valve all the way open? If the valve is closed or set very low it could stop the drop when you are only applying hand pressure.

/ bx 3pt #9  
Good point, Mr. Dsvaleri. Not really a quarter-inching valve proper, but it is a flow control valve...it is by my right heel on my tractor.

Presumably, if the MMM is dropping at any type of rate, the valve is open enough to allow the 3PH to be pushed down by hand, but I guess that could be an incorrect assumption. If Mr. Automech is as patient as Mr. Shrekbelly, perhaps it takes a minute or two for the deck to drop...you never know. Being an impatient idiot, I have mine wide open.

/ bx 3pt #10  
Is there a way to make the 3 pt arms travel down farther while the mmm is attached? I would like to reach down farther when attaching so I can lift higher. The mower seems to keep the arms from reaching all the way down. I tried lowering the mower to its lowest setting but the wheels keep it at 3 inches cause that's where they are set. So the eyes of the arms are at 13 inches off the ground when lowered.

The mmm should not affect how far down the 3 pt travels whether it is in the "TOP" position or otherwise. The eyes of the 3 pt should be able to lower to about 8 inches from the ground.