BX22-Hydraulic problem

/ BX22-Hydraulic problem #1  

sloburban

Today my FEL would not lower unless I pushed the joystick up to the float position, after I came in from mowing. If I tried to power the FEL down but the engine sounded like a quick disconnect came apart which has happened before so I know what that sounds like. I checked all the quick disconnects and they were all in their correct position. I then checked the hydraulic oil and the level was correct. It would be a lot easier to check the oil if my dipstick was not the exact same color as the oil but that's a different story :D
After disconnecting and reconnecting all the quick disconnects I started the tractor and all is well but I did notice, after playing around, that the FEL had more power in the neutral position than if it was in a gear (high or low). Usually my FEL does not have enough power to lift the tractor up unless I curl the bucket, after the FEL is already in the lowest position. If I already have the bucket curled down, and then lower the FEL, it does not have the power to lift it's self up unless the trans is in neutral.
Has anyone noticed this their Fel has more power in neutral?
Has anyone had a quick disconnect go bad even though everything looks good on the outside?

/ BX22-Hydraulic problem #2  
check to see if your 3 point lever is in the middle not in up or down position dont ask how I know

tom

/ BX22-Hydraulic problem
Thanks tommu56. I don't know what position the 3 point lever was in. I already parked the tractor and dropped the blades but I will definitely keep that in mind the next time i have that problem.

/ BX22-Hydraulic problem #4  
tommu56 has it right, it is most liekely that your three point lift lever was stuck in the up position. This tractor has a prioity valve which is there to direct oil flow to PS and hydraulic circuit. If the three point is stuck in the up position, that valve would have taken oil away from the FEL circiut. It would be easy to check next time your on the tractor by holding the 3 point lever in the up position, and see if you get similiar results. I would not do this for and extended period since one or the other may be going over relief.

/ BX22-Hydraulic problem #5  
Yeah this one bites a lot of people. It gets me once in a while still. The lever doesn't need to be off center by very much to affect the loader operation.