B7800 lift problem

/ B7800 lift problem #1  

Napi

Tractor
Kubota M6800 4x4, ZD326, JD140
Hey Folks, I'm new here. I hope everyone is doing well!

I bought a well used B7800 HST. It runs and drives fine, but the lift has a problem. It's pretty much either up or down. It hasn't failed to lift anything I've hooked to it so far, but it comes up real fast. And going down is like you cut the lift loose. In between is iffy. If you play with the lift lever you can get in between somewhere but it won't stay. It leaks down pretty fast, running or not. Sometimes I can hear a hydraulic noise like a valve bypassing or something. I can move the lift lever a bit and it stops and the engine gains power. One guy told me it was probably the lift proportioning valve and they couldn't be serviced, just buy new for about $600.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

/ B7800 lift problem #2  
Are you talking about the 3 point hitch?
If so, the rate for the 3 point can be adjusted with a knob between your legs, just below the seat. Turn it open and it will drop like a stone. Turn it almost closed and it will just trickle down. Sounds like yours is wide open. Try adjusting it one way or the other to get it where you want it.

/ B7800 lift problem #3  
Are you talking about the 3 point hitch?
If so, the rate for the 3 point can be adjusted with a knob between your legs, just below the seat. Turn it open and it will drop like a stone. Turn it almost closed and it will just trickle down. Sounds like yours is wide open. Try adjusting it one way or the other to get it where you want it.

Yea, what he said.
Pat

/ B7800 lift problem
OK, I'll give it a try. But what about the leak down? Can these tractor lifts be serviced or repaired without buying a new assembly? On my 6800, the dealer said that same control only affects the rate of drop.

Thanks