Default BX24 cooling fan (belly)

To me this was simply a bad design. I backed up into a little stick it and took out all the plastic blades. Anyone ever had that happened? How easy is it to replace the fan (directions please) and how much for the part and also labor if I were to have it done. I'm fairly new to tractors but don't mind getting my hands dirty to learn all about my BX24. Does anyone know of attachment/shield that prevents that from happening and yet still allows air to go through?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: BX24 cooling fan (belly)

You should be able to find some threads on this as some replaced the fan by moving the engine and some have split the fan to put over the shaft.

Bro Tek makes the only good shielding system that I know of. Good luck.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

there were several folks here who replaced the fan on thier BX's and posted here. They also made thier own skidplates. kubota even made a half ***** cheesy fan protector for the BX's. Doing a little research will show you the fixes and skids plates other BX's have done.

Right now I don't even have a skid plate so I am one of the many guilty BX owners in risk of ruining a good fan that is expensive to have a dealer replace.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX24

For organized BX tips visit BXTractors.info - the "BX Wiki"

Thanks all for the feedback. I would have thought that since they put such a cheap part on there, they would at least put an easy way to access the thing . Based on all your responses, I went ahead and searched the forum for more and found that the easiest way is probably to cut the replacement fan in half and then secure it with glue rather than trying to mess with moving the engine. Guess I'm gonna have to give the dealer a call for the part, and might as well buy two since it might be a while before I am able to get that skid plate.

Bronze Member

The glue fix will only work once, I thought.

my "fix" involved checking to see if the fan was OK and installing the skidplate

-- Jason