Which BX FEL Attachment: Grapple or Debris Forks?

/ Which BX FEL Attachment: Grapple or Debris Forks? #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I always have a fair amount of small limbs and litter to move. For a long time, I have wanted an American Solutions Grapple for the FEL (BX2200), but American Solutions has never replied to any of the e-mails or phone messages I have left every now and then over the past year. I do have a Markham toothbar and had thought it coupled with the grapple would make a good combo for getting a big mouthful of brush at a time.

More and more I have been thinking that debris forks might be better anyway. Though the grapple would be useful in chomping down on a big debris pile, I don't really have any huge rocks or trees to grab with it, and I do have a thumb on the Woods backhoe. The debris forks are cheaper, don't require installation work/costs, and also don't require replumbing the hydraulics. I figure storage space isn't that much for either and would be a wash in comparing the two.

My first question is whether anybody knows what's up with American Solutions. It seems like a year or more since anyone's posted on here about getting one of their grapples for a BX.

My second question is what kinds of thoughts you guys have as to which implement is the better choice.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

American Solutions LLC

Paynes Forks 48in. Debris Fork | Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

-PAYNE-800 Lb. Cap. Clamp on Debris Forks-Loader Attachments-La Porte-IN

/ Which BX FEL Attachment: Grapple or Debris Forks? #2  
Here is a link to the grapple thread I posted.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...king-bucket-reinforcement-advice-grapple.html

Here is a link to adding the rear remote to operate the grapple.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/134721-adding-rear-remotes-2620-a.html

I don't have debris forks but I can see where they have a place. As for the grapple you can squash a large pile of debris and move it handily. Works well on logs, stumps and rocks. I love mine. It was a considerable amount of work to get it all together, but worth it!