Chains Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #1  

mswlogo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 DT (Gear)
Should I buy chains at the kubota dealer from Kubota? Does Kubota make them?

What type should I get.

I want them for towing boat out in sand and potentially in winter for plowing on an icey hill. I'd like them to go on and off as quick and easy as possible.

Is there a common place online people goto?

Thanks for any tips.

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #2  
I have a set for my BX2660 that I got from tirechains.com. The two link ones seemed to be the best for my use (mostly winter). They don't take long to put on and take off if its a seasonal thing. I don't think I'd want to do it on a regular basis, but I bet you'd get pretty good at it with practice.

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #4  
mswlogo, Since your profile doesn't indicate where you're from in NH, if up north try Jon Parks Tractor in Lancaster or LaBonnevilles in Gorham. MikeD74T

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #5  
I've bought mine off craigs list. Go bigger then needed then just fit them to your size, just takes a little work. The last set I bought cost under 100.00{including new links to make fit} and all I had to do was fit them to my tractor. I've had them for 5-6yrs now and use them every winter for snow removal.

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf
Any thoughts on the cross chains every 4th link vs every 2nd link?

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #7  
I bought mine from tirechains.com.

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #8  
Another tirechains.com customer here. I bought a set of two bar v-chains for my BX 8 years ago and they have worked well. The two bar chains give more traction and also ride much more smoothly.

Will

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #9  
I got the chains for my BX1850 at tirechainsrequired.com . They are located in New Hampton, NH 03256. I paid $92.31 plus Shipping Cost of $12.78 to send via UPS to Western MA. I chose the 2 Link Snow Blower/Garden Tractor Tire Chains. These are for the rear turf tires. They are great in the snow and ice. I really got them for use in the spring and summer for mud season. Turf tires are the pits in mud. The chains are left on almost all the time and do not hurt the lawn at all.

/ Any recommendations where to buy chains and what type for B2320 Turf #10  
Hopefully you will read this before making a mistake. The largest mistake being buying a set of chains from tirejunk.com.... All there chains are absolutly CHINA, ask them. If you have no pride and say the china set will do, know that tire chains take a beating and buying domestic or import of good quality will service you much better in the future. Take into account you will most likly be using your chains in the worst of weather. If they break you will need to remove them so the cross chains dont rip your fender off your rig. Alright enough with the ranting, Some simple steps to outfitting your machine 1- how much clearence do you have from your fender to your tire(assuming you will be chaining your rears. I would never recomend fronts chains unless its the last resort. Its hard on front end components.) 2- How much will the chains be used and on what surface, tar is hard on chains you may want a harder material. Good chains will have different grades of quailty. This is why your seeing such a price difference. Back to the surface, if your driveway/ road is asphalt you may not want to go to aggressive unless there is a safty issue. 3- what tread do you have. ok onto styles there are two ladder and patteren. ladder is the clasic style and it looks like a ladder when you lay them on the floor. patteren is for lack of a better explanation a skidder chain. Although skidder chains are patteren style thay are not the only style out there thay make patteren styles in much less aggressive styles. Anyway there is so much more. I would call a local distributer ask questions ect. If you cant find someone local call BB Chain ask for Pete he is really informative. 1800.698.2640