Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #21  
I think that the owners manual is wrong. My owners manual for my B2320 says to change filters only at 50 hours. The service manual that I got has an entire section on 50 break in service and shows specifically changing the filter and the fluid and spcifies that Super UDT be used.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #22  
Mr. Messick,
I see you have posted on this thread-what would you recommend? I like the idea of changing every 400 hours for the cost-savings, but my BX was changed at 50 and then again at 300 (on its 3rd fill before the B2620 is supposed to be changed for the first time.) This seems like quite a change in service intervals.

I did not buy the tractor from you, and I won't be buying parts and fluids from you (local dealer is geat), so you can give an unbiased expert opinion.

Thanks,
Will

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #23  
I could swear my BX24 listed changing UDT at first 50 but my new B2320 says 400. 50hrs did seem over kill.

The user manual for the B3200 calls for all filters to be replaced at 50 hours and UDT at 400 hours.

I called the dealer and they said go with the user manual. I asked them how that can be done since replacing the filters would let the UDT flow out since the filters were so low on the Hyd and Tranny. They just scratched their heads and shrugged.

I went online and emailed Kubota Tech Support and I got a phone call the very next day saying "IT IS A BIG MISTAKE IN THE USER MANUAL", and the UDT needs to be changed at 50 hours along with the filters and YES, taking the filters out, even in the best conditions (no sub-frame) would cause most of the fluid to be lost.

They thanked me for pointing out the mistake and said they would change the manual, they didn't say anything about notifying the dealers or customers.

So I changed all fluids.. and now it doesn't have to be done for 350 more hours. I'm pretty good, have all the correct tools and a clean place to work but it was an ABSOLUTE pain to get the filters out because of the sub-frame, the screen is even worse, I thought I would have to bend it but I finally got it out, in was more of a problem replacing it because it has two O-Rings that aren't in grooves that kept falling out of place and I could see it would be very easy to cut them on the threaded hole. I had to undo the brake linkage on one side to get the filter out but now it's done and I don't have to worry about it for a long long time. As I said, it was a pain but at 50 hours everything was pretty new and clean. Waiting for 400 hours because of use, dirt, grease, etc would probably make things even harder. I'm glad I did it even though it took about 6 hours to change engine oil, tranny and Hyd fluids, being extra cautious along the way with the five different drain plugs that needed to be pulled.

If you have a B3200 with a sub-frame plan on taking your time and a lot of cussing at Kubota along the way. I wondered if Kubota had even checked the fluid change procedures with the sub-frame installed. Without a sub-frame it would have been a piece of cake.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #24  
I changed the fluid on my B2620 at 50 hours because Kubota told me that it was indeed required and that the owner's manual is incorrect.
This 50 hour thingy is a one time deal .
It ain't like doin it over and over again every 50 hours,so I just don't see why anybody would get all hung up over having to do it.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #25  
I had the free labor dealer service done at 50 hrs. on my b2620. The factory trained mechanic, a helpful guy, came out and changed the engine oil, all the filters(HST ,Hydraulic, engine oil, fuel and air cleaner). About a quart of UDT fluid leaked out when changing the HST filter (do it quick) which he then topped up. None leaked when changing the hydraulic filter. Told me to change the engine oil and filter every 100 hrs. HST filter again at 200 hr. UDT fluid and filter, all filters at 400 hrs. Thats what I'm going to do.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #26  
Sure is allot of conflicting stories here on the SUDT/UDT service intervals on the newer model tractors. If Kubota made a mistake in the owners manual, I sure hope they contact all new owners and each dealer/mechanic.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?
Sure is allot of conflicting stories here on the SUDT/UDT service intervals on the newer model tractors. If Kubota made a mistake in the owners manual, I sure hope they contact all new owners and each dealer/mechanic.

It seems many dealers have been and are doing what the "mistake" in the current B2x20/B3200 owners manuals now says to do.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #28  
We called Kubota and asked for an answer on this. It seems there is a typo in the charts for several of the B-Series tractors. They trans fluid should be changed at 50-hours on these machines. There is some confusion because the charts for the L-series also changed showing 300 hours as the first interval for the fluid, this is correct. In the short term they are saying that if damage occurs because of fluid is not changed it won't be held against the customer for following their owners manual. I'd expect we'll see some official communication on this here eventually. It seems that there are people aware of the problem, but I'm not sure if anyone is owning it yet to formulate an offical response to it.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #29  
We called Kubota and asked for an answer on this. It seems there is a typo in the charts for several of the B-Series tractors. They trans fluid should be changed at 50-hours on these machines. There is some confusion because the charts for the L-series also changed showing 300 hours as the first interval for the fluid, this is correct. In the short term they are saying that if damage occurs because of fluid is not changed it won't be held against the customer for following their owners manual. I'd expect we'll see some official communication on this here eventually. It seems that there are people aware of the problem, but I'm not sure if anyone is owning it yet to formulate an offical response to it.

Did you happen to ask why a B would need 50 hr service and an L would need 300? What is the difference, i wonder?