Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #1  

mswlogo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 DT (Gear)
I could swear my BX24 listed changing UDT at first 50 but my new B2320 says 400. 50hrs did seem over kill.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #2  
Mine had filings in the transmission screen at 50 hours. Others have reported similar findings. The UDT seemed very clean but I'm glad I got those break-in-period filings out of there.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #3  
smile.gif
I could swear my BX24 listed changing UDT at first 50 but my new B2320 says 400. 50hrs did seem over kill.
My bx23
BX1500 and BX1500 all said change fluid and filters both at 50 hours.

*Mine had filings in the transmission screen at 50 hours. Others have reported similar findings. The UDT seemed very clean but 1*I'm glad I got those break-in-period filings out of there.
*Your what?
1*YEP I'd sure hate to have run them another 350 hours in there.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?
I plan to follow what they say.

They do have you change the filter at 50hr's.

I may open the drain for a moment to remove anything that settled.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #5  
Somebody had the same question here a couple of months ago. Reportedly when they contacted Kubota, the factory rep said ignore the new manual and change at 50 hours.

There is no good reason not to. You will probably find more debris in the tranny at 50 hours than any other time for the rest of the life of the tractor.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #6  
*I plan to follow what they say.

They do have you change the filter at 50hr's.

I may open the drain for a moment to remove anything that settled.
*I wouldn't take the chance.
Not worth risking a 15 to 20 thousand tractor on what sounds like what may be a printing error in the owners manual.
I don't think it's going to bankrupt anybody to pay for 1 more fluid change over the life of a tractor.

Somebody had the same question here a couple of months ago. Reportedly when they contacted Kubota, the factory rep said ignore the new manual and change at 50 hours.
*There is no good reason not to. You will probably find more debris in the tranny at 50 hours than any other time for the rest of the life of the tractor.
TOTALLY Agree:

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #7  
Is there a difference in service intervals between gear model and hydrostatic models?He has the gear tractor.I'd feel better about changing it also.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?
Is there a difference in service intervals between gear model and hydrostatic models?He has the gear tractor.I'd feel better about changing it also.

It applies to all B2x20's

I change my car transmission fluid maybe once every 100,000 miles, if that.

I think 50hr's was overkill.

If it's flowing around filter will catch it. If it's sitting in the bottom it won't hurt anything.

I've learned over the years that we do way too many things way too excessively and it makes absolutely no difference at all.

I change my oil in my car now every 8-10K miles and one has 180K and the other has 150K on it and might burn 1 qt every 10K on one and none on the other. I do use synthetic though.

I'm glad to see Kubota seeing it was excessive and a waste of resources.

I've seen a post here as well where a service shop said 50hr's was excessive and to wait until 200hr's (maybe it was 100hr I forget). Sounds like a smart honest shop. Not just trying to make a buck.

Like I said I'll probably drain just a bit and change the filter.

The only thing that hurts the fluid is if it breaks down and it won't break down in 50hr's. I would hope. Filter will take care of any fragments.

If it didn't have the filter then I'd be more concerned.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #10  
It applies to all B2x20's

I change my car transmission fluid maybe once every 100,000 miles, if that.

I think 50hr's was overkill.

If it's flowing around filter will catch it. If it's sitting in the bottom it won't hurt anything.

I've learned over the years that we do way too many things way too excessively and it makes absolutely no difference at all.

I change my oil in my car now every 8-10K miles and one has 180K and the other has 150K on it and might burn 1 qt every 10K on one and none on the other. I do use synthetic though.

I'm glad to see Kubota seeing it was excessive and a waste of resources.

I've seen a post here as well where a service shop said 50hr's was excessive and to wait until 200hr's (maybe it was 100hr I forget). Sounds like a smart honest shop. Not just trying to make a buck.

Like I said I'll probably drain just a bit and change the filter.

The only thing that hurts the fluid is if it breaks down and it won't break down in 50hr's. I would hope. Filter will take care of any fragments.

If it didn't have the filter then I'd be more concerned.

I will tend to agree with this train of thought. I just had this discussion with my service manager who was saying how wasteful it is to toss all that fluid after 50 hrs. Heck, he even talked me into doing the 50 hr service myself and gave me a gallon of engine oil, engine oil filter and both the HST and Hydro filters!
I have a 2620 and it states to change the HST filter and hydraulic filter @ 50hrs, not the fluid. You will get shavings and filings from the oil that falls out of the filter when pulling it. However I drained the tranny case into a bucket and strained it with a fine particle screen......nothing. I tossed the oil I caught from the filters and recycled the rest.