Tractor
    Kubota

Default L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle

Hi all,

I have a kubota L2000DT and live in Western Australia. It's a imported tractor (i.e. a grey import) and I think that model would normally be sold in Autralia and possibly the US as either an L245 or L225. It's a 4WD model and fitted with a nice front end loader which is really useful around our small holding.

I did a stupid thing the other day... With a full load of pea gravel in the front bucket, my foot slipped off the clutch, the tractor lurched forwards and there was a slight bang I've now got no drive to the front wheels.

The driveshaft to the front axle spins around OK, and it can be engaged or disengaged as normal with the handle on the rear gearbox. But there is no drive to either front wheel (tested with front end lifted off the ground). Before I take it all apart is there something simple like a shear pin on the front pinion gear or something, or could it be something in one of the portal axles?

All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance,

Jon

Tractor
    Kubota

Default Re: L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle

Problem found - so just a quick update for anyone that's interested...

The stub drive shaft to the left hand uni joint (in the swivel housing) had broken off the uni-joint. It had a very poor weld from a previous breakage that let go, I have no idea how such poor welding lasted as long as it did.

New parts on order.

Here's a photo:

Regards,

Jon

Tractor
    L2000DT

where did you buy your parts from? i have exactly the same problem.

Tractor
    Kubota L2000DT

Hi Guys,
    Looking for a yoke shaft for my L2000DT - similar break to the one John Murray described back in 2009, but mine is a broken right outer shaft.
    Any clues on sourcing parts in Australia?