L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle

/ L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle #1  

Jon Murray

Tractor
Kubota
Hi all,

I have a Kubota L2000DT and live in Western Australia. It's a imported tractor (i.e. a grey import) and I think that model would normally be sold in Autralia and possibly the US as either an L245 or L225. It's a 4WD model and fitted with a nice front end loader which is really useful around our small holding.

I did a stupid thing the other day... :rolleyes: With a full load of pea gravel in the front bucket, my foot slipped off the clutch, the tractor lurched forwards and there was a slight bang :eek: I've now got no drive to the front wheels.

The driveshaft to the front axle spins around OK, and it can be engaged or disengaged as normal with the handle on the rear gearbox. But there is no drive to either front wheel (tested with front end lifted off the ground). Before I take it all apart is there something simple like a shear pin on the front pinion gear or something, or could it be something in one of the portal axles?

All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance,

Jon

/ L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle
Problem found - so just a quick update for anyone that's interested...

The stub drive shaft to the left hand uni joint (in the swivel housing) had broken off the uni-joint. It had a very poor weld from a previous breakage that let go, I have no idea how such poor welding lasted as long as it did.

New parts on order.

Here's a photo:

DSCN2246_800x600_.JPG

Regards,

Jon

/ L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle #3  
where did you buy your parts from? i have exactly the same problem.

/ L2000DT (L245) Lost drive to Front axle #4  
Hi Guys,
Looking for a yoke shaft for my L2000DT - similar break to the one John Murray described back in 2009, but mine is a broken right outer shaft.
Any clues on sourcing parts in Australia?