I think I am losing my tractor

/ I think I am losing my tractor #1  

Berniep

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 BX23
Here is a short video of my 8yr old on my BX23.
She is good enough to pull up to a pile of debris and put the bucket down for me to rake it up.
YouTube - Lost my tractor

/ I think I am losing my tractor #2  
She will be a better driver when she hit's the road as a teen ager so thank you!

Do you think that will be good enough of an excuse to buy a new one?

/ I think I am losing my tractor #3  
Be careful! My wife got on my L2800 to cut grass the other day while I was busy and liked it a little too much. All this time she thought it was work driving a tractor.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #4  
Thanks for sharing video,noticed she even had seat belt on.Yes Id say your about to lose your tractor.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #5  
This sort of thing is always good for children; teaches them work ethic, responsibility and so many other things. It is always enjoyable to spend time with your kids.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #6  
I wonder where the tractor safety police are? :rolleyes:

/ I think I am losing my tractor #7  
It's cute until someone or something gets hurt.

I think of dozen things that could go wrong every time I get on it.

IMHO it's too young.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #8  
When I was 8 I operated almost all the tractors on our farm and even the P/U in the field. It depends on how you are trained, I had good safe training young and was used to farm machinery.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #9  
I'd be nervous that she'd forget about that mower on the back when turning too close to something. Even after many, many years of experience a lot of us have forgotten how wide a rear attachment swings. An 8 year old doesn't have that experience or instinct yet. Maybe put a ballast back there to increase margin of error vs that big mower.

/ I think I am losing my tractor #10  
Good grief, my three brothers and I started driving real tractors and working in the fields at the age of six. We had to flip the seat up and stand on the clutch to get enough weight on it to stop or change gears. All our friends did the same and no one I know of got hurt. We started out pulling grain trailers and progressed from there as we got experience and got stronger.

If your kid can handle one, put them on it if not don't.