3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
ok, so the land pride quick hitch and easy attachment of the weight box isn't happening.
i haven't stopped bristling at the thought of buying a j_ weightbox. i may just purchase a heavier rear blade or box blade to make the bx more stable.
last night, i measured the the distance from the ground to to the bottom hook on the quick hitch. it measures 13.5 inches (inside bottom of the hook). so, to hook on an attachment, the hitch has to drop a bit more(4 to 5 inches).
this is a bx2360, my tractor prior to this trade was a bx1850 (without a qh-15) the 3pt hitch went easily lower.
is my problem, that the qh-15 somehow limits the 3 pt travel? doen't make sense to me!
will buying an adjustable turnbuckle for the left side enable an increased drop?
hopefully no questions are to stupid. will contact dealer today.
thanks for your time and attention, shrekbelly

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #2  
You may want to order these off ebay. Under $100 and they will work on any attachment. As others have mentioned they set back a few inches so may need a different upper arm for $20 at TSC.

Attachments

• P1050277.jpg
    P1050277.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 4,680
   / 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #3  
last night, i measured the the distance from the ground to to the bottom hook on the quick hitch. it measures 13.5 inches (inside bottom of the hook). so, to hook on an attachment, the hitch has to drop a bit more(4 to 5 inches).

That sounds really high to me. I think my BX1860 drops down to about 5"-6" above the group. I know to get it to fully drop, I sometimes stand on the lower links while lowering the hitch. Have you tried that? You should not need two adjustable side links to hook up.

On the quick hitch, I decided against one after reading about all the non conformity of implements to any specific hitch. If I every get one, it will be one like PATs but I can't justify $170+ for two "hooks" that slide over the ends of my hitch balls. Plus, I'm getting better at hitching stuff up over time. Hooked up my chipper in under 5 minutes last night, including the PTO shaft - maybe I got lucky :D.

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #4  
CHDinCT , Gets the Pats or the pats knock off, you'll thank yourself. You'll be able to hook up that chipper in a 60 seconds , maybe another 40 seconds for the PTO shaft. and un hooking is eaven easier...

No more swearing at the 3 pt hitch!!!:D

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #5  
It's not just a time saver. They can also be back strain savers which is why I bought mine. I got tired or wrestling the heavy stuff by myself. I like the dolly idea but they don't roll good on gravel and dirt. Dolly and QH are the best of all worlds or maybe a chain hoist if your stuff is in a garage.:)

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #6  
Shrekbelly,
The QH should not limit the travel of your 3 pt. I have the same one on my GL 3540, it goes all the way to the ground. I can't say I'm real familiar with your tractor model, I have always been and still own a few Deere. The bottom hooks on the JD Ballast box for my 2305 are near the top of the box, so that should work for you. I guess if you set your implements on some blocks that would help, but you would think your 3 pt would drop low enough. Is there some other adjustment that might limit the drop I wonder?

Good luck,
Jake

/ 3 point hitch & land pride quick hitch #7  
Normally, the rear 3ph will drop all the way independently of the MMM linkages. Nevertheless, sometimes the hydraulic fluid will get a little vacuum lock and if the MMM stop knob is set at "Top" or "4.0", the stoppage of the MMM lift will also inhibit the drop of the rear 3ph arms just because of the vacuum lock. Try just standing on the 3ph arms. If that doesn't work, make sure the MMM knob is at 0.0, then try again standing on the 3ph arms.