Slow FEL Dump (Help)

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #1  

Charlton John

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I have a couple questions I am hoping you can help me w/. On my loader when dumping it is moving extremely slow. This is happening w/ or w/o anything in the bucket. I also when dumping hear the engine kind of whine a little or working extra hard to get through the dump motion. All other motions on the loader are working at normal speed w/ no ecssesive engine strain. All hydrolic hoses are snug, I am full of hydro fluid and loader has been greased every 10 hrs. Any suggestions? Also not sure if this is normal please advise when the tractor is on or off there is some wiggle to the loader joystick, not much but it appears to move some at the housing where it hooks up. I checked the 3 or 4 visable nuts that appear to be holding it and they are all tight. Thanks!

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #2  
First off, are you running @ idle or are you reving it up a but. If @ idle, it would be slower.

Second, I'm not sure if it is like my 3400, but I have two dump selections. Kinda like the thw selections you have when lowering the bucket, first step is a power down (where hydraulic pressure is applied to force the bucket down, and even raise the front of the tractor), second is float, where no pressure is applied and gravity lowers the bucket. If you push it into float with the bucket elevated, you will heare a whining sould as it is (forcing) the hyd fluid out of the cyl.

The dump on mine is the same way. 2 position, 1 is forced dump and the other is like a float. With an empty bucket, and in the second position, it will dump much slower than the forced dump. And you will also get that whining sound too. Could thins be what you are thinking is "engine bogging down"??

If not then maybe something is bent of tweaked. does it curl ok?

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help)
First off, are you running @ idle or are you reving it up a but. If @ idle, it would be slower.

Second, I'm not sure if it is like my 3400, but I have two dump selections. Kinda like the thw selections you have when lowering the bucket, first step is a power down (where hydraulic pressure is applied to force the bucket down, and even raise the front of the tractor), second is float, where no pressure is applied and gravity lowers the bucket. If you push it into float with the bucket elevated, you will heare a whining sould as it is (forcing) the hyd fluid out of the cyl.

The dump on mine is the same way. 2 position, 1 is forced dump and the other is like a float. With an empty bucket, and in the second position, it will dump much slower than the forced dump. And you will also get that whining sound too. Could thins be what you are thinking is "engine bogging down"??

If not then maybe something is bent of tweaked. does it curl ok?

Thanks LD1 Yes I did check the operation in both low idle and normal operating speed to the same result. The curl is fine and up and down on the actuall loader is fine just seems the dump is very slow. I was moving some dirt this weekend which made me notice when dumping the materiel it seems as if it was taking forever. So I checked again yesterday w/ no load in the bucket and it seems the same way very slow. Normally when operating around 2k rpm's I can dump the bucket all the way till the end to clean out any stuck material still in the bucket and "bang it a couple times" yesterday w/ no load I couldnt really accomplish this.

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #4  
Is the joystick "lock" partially engaged. I have 2 little kids and when I need to leave the loader off the ground while working I always lock the joystick. This past weekend I noticed the loader not working properly, and it turns out the lock was partially engaged.
If that is not it does the machine lose power when you turn the steering steering or driving up a hill. Perhaps one of the dual hydraulic pumps is not working properly. I'll be watching this one!

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #5  
I get a whine when using my B2620 loader but haven't pinned down exactly what causes it. My traded in BX 1800 was very smooth and noise free in loader use so this is worrysome. Frankly the loader on my B2620 doesn't seem as good in many ways as the loader on my BX.

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #6  
I have a couple questions I am hoping you can help me w/. On my loader when dumping it is moving extremely slow. This is happening w/ or w/o anything in the bucket. I also when dumping hear the engine kind of whine a little or working extra hard to get through the dump motion. All other motions on the loader are working at normal speed w/ no ecssesive engine strain. All hydrolic hoses are snug, I am full of hydro fluid and loader has been greased every 10 hrs. Any suggestions? Also not sure if this is normal please advise when the tractor is on or off there is some wiggle to the loader joystick, not much but it appears to move some at the housing where it hooks up. I checked the 3 or 4 visable nuts that appear to be holding it and they are all tight. Thanks!

Since it seems like you've eliminated all of the silly possibilities (like accidentally being in float mode), my thought is that you've got something wrong with the valve at the joystick. One way you could verify this would be to swap the quick-connect hoses that go to the curl/dump hydraulics where they connect to the joystick. That should reverse the action of the bucket relative to the joystick motion (i.e. left now dumps and right now curls). My hunch is that the bucket will now dump at normal speed but curl very slowly. If so, the problem is clearly with the valve/joystick assembly.

Given that the engine is bogging down when you try to dump (probably similarly to the way it does if you raise/lower/curl the bucket all the way to the end and continue asking for more), it sounds like the hydraulic fluid is being significantly obstructed from flowing into the bucket-dump hydraulic hose.

If you try my little experiment, let us know what you find out.

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #7  
When dumping you move the handle to the right.If you move the handle further to the right past the detent,the dump function slows.This is the controlled dump as the regenerative function comes into play.Could this be what you're finding?Not sure about the change in engine sound.Good Luck.

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #8  
I'd do what jcaron2 said and see what happens this will narrow it down. It sounds to me like it's in the control valve too.

/ Slow FEL Dump (Help) #9  
the only time i get a whine's or the buckit acts funny is when my 3-piont hitch handle
is left in the up or down spot