Hours/Year

/ Hours/Year #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hi All,

I don't post much here, but I'm curious. How many hours do you put on your tractors per year. The main reason I have a tractor is to get in and out of the property in the winter. Other than that I use it once in awhile for mowing or digging a post hole or as a really nice wheelbarrow. Don't get me wrong, I love the tractor and couldn't live where I do without it.

It was about 4 years old when I bought it. It's a 1999 model and had mid 300's hours on it. I'm about to turn over 600 hours now so I've only averaged about 40 hours per year. At this rate the tractor will outlast me, and that's a good thing. I don't feel like buying another one.

Kevin

/ Hours/Year #2  
Mine is 3.5 years old and has 260 hours. That's about 75 hours per year. I put a solid 100 on it my first year and a little less since. I use it in spurts...put maybe 15 hours on it for 6 months, then use it 30 hours in 2 weeks completing a series of projects.

At that rate, I'll crack 2,000 hours when I'm 58 years old (about 2032). Perhaps I'll then consider the tractor 'broken in'.

My wife threatens once in a while to purchase a ZTR so she can help with the lawn duties (she's a little scared of the tractor). Guess I'll save a few more hours if that happens...

/ Hours/Year #3  
Looks like I will average just over 200 hrs a year. I've currently have 240 hrs and purchased it new 14 months ago. I use mine on a 7 acre horse farm mowing the lawn, cutting the two pastures, putting in fence posts, seeding/fertilizing the pastures, clearing/dragging horse manure, digging drainage ditches, pulling stumps, etc.

/ Hours/Year #4  
Traded in my 1995 B7100 w/910 hours for L2800 this March,only put whopping 12 hours on the meter...mother nature keeping my low land to wet for working. :(

/ Hours/Year #5  
Hi All,

I don't post much here, but I'm curious. How many hours do you put on your tractors per year. The main reason I have a tractor is to get in and out of the property in the winter. Other than that I use it once in awhile for mowing or digging a post hole or as a really nice wheelbarrow. Don't get me wrong, I love the tractor and couldn't live where I do without it.

It was about 4 years old when I bought it. It's a 1999 model and had mid 300's hours on it. I'm about to turn over 600 hours now so I've only averaged about 40 hours per year. At this rate the tractor will outlast me, and that's a good thing. I don't feel like buying another one.

Kevin
I have a bit over 1200 hours on the 2004 BX23 i bought new in nov.2004
I have 91 hours on the new BX1500 I bought in oct.2007.
I have a little over 400 hours on the 2003 BX1500 I bought in oct 2007.It had 382 hours on it when i got it.

/ Hours/Year #6  
I use around 500 hours per year between the 2. Might be a bit more this year. Will be less when all the landscape creation is done and I move to maintenance.

/ Hours/Year #7  
Unless it is a farm tractor or commercial tractor very likely you will not put many hours on your tractor for it to add up. Just adhere to maintenance schedules , some people change oil every year if not sooner if the hours did dictate a sooner change of oil.

/ Hours/Year #8  
I bought my tractor with 78 hours on it in the beginning of 2008 and put 400 hours on it in 1.5 years. Currently, it has 507 hours on it. That time will be reduced in following years because I was breaking down very large wood piles from land clearing.

Deano

/ Hours/Year #9  
I now have had the BX2360 6 mo and will be doing a 150hr oil change this weekend. Mowing 6 acres and will be doing a 900 ft driveway this winter, who knows the hrs for a first year. Either way it's seat time:D

/ Hours/Year #10  
L3400 with 190 or so hours in the past three years so about 60 per year. I expect it to last a LONG time at this rate.