Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24?

TSC has a 10% off sale and this weekend is Tax-free in VT. Perfect time to buy an implement, or so I thought. I really need a box blade but none of the stores around me has a 4'. I could get the 5' for $499-16.5% off = $416. Not sure if a BX24 will pull it though.

Tractor
    Kubota M5040 with FEL, JD X320 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24?

Check your owners manual. I know my M5040 shows having a limit of 6 ft.
    Kubota M5040 with FEL
    WOODS 6ft Brushbull Rotary Cutter
    JD X320 Lawn Tractor
    Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    John 14:6

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Have you tried looking on Craigslist for a used one around your area? Manual says 48" max but when I bought one from kubota, it was actually a 42" that they said was specifically made for a BX24. I would think it can handle a 5 ft, but it may be from a safety standpoint since it would be wider than the tractor foot print.

Tractor
    BX22

I have a 5' KK box blade behind a BX22. I can use it to move some of the hard clay I have around here, but once it fills up AND digs, the tractor will sit and spin (but this is somewhat avoidable it you take thin cuts, it just takes longer). If I unload it and go back to the place I left off it's ok again until it fills.

But if I'm just leveling (front blade tilted up to catch the high spots, rear blade to smooth the low spots), it works really well.

Overall, I'd prefer a smaller box blade but like I said, my experience is in some pretty tough clay. Your performance in other soils will vary based on that soil.

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

nope.

I think it'll be like an anchor back there. My 3030 barely moves a 5 footer. I bet you'd get much more done with a smaller one.
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I agree with jnjpream. The smaller one will allow you to do more in anything aother than loose dirt. I have a four foot one and it can be rough in roots and hard clay.
    Now, my landscape rake is a 6 foot and my BX 24 pulls it just fine.

Deano
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB

I pull a 5' box blade behind my BX23 up and down my 1,000' dirt/gravel driveway...Sometimes I put the scarfiers in (4 total) to begin with to loosen things up...Has worked very well for that application...I have my FEL and MMM on so weight wise it's a little more stout than just the tractor...Of course I use 4 wheel drive.

Don

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Of course it depends on the conditions your gonna use it in but I bet you could pull it. You might have to be conservative on depth in hard ground, but in loose dirt or a driveway I bet it would be ok......A 5 footer without any weight and set on a relativelly shallow angle isn't too hard to pull.
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX2350

Box blades are great. I have a 4 foot model and use it all the time with my BX2350. It can do some significant work, but fully loaded or with scarifiers down it's not very hard to bog down. While a five footer might do some lighter work for you, I have to recommend holding out for a four footer. Best of luck with whatever you decide.
    BX2350, LA243, 60" RMower, 51" SBlower, 48" BBlade, Markham Toothbar, Middlebuster/Subsoiler

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

I'D opt for a 4'.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast