Kubota 4x4 front drive axle????

/ Kubota 4x4 front drive axle???? #1  

Kays Supply

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 207
A friend just brought his new Kubota 4x4 by to show me. I didn't get the model number but it was a 32hp 4x4 Hydrostat. When I looked at the front drive axle it didn't have a differential. It was the strangest looking design I have ever seen. It looked like a two wheel drive front end. It had a drive shaft and the 4x4 type gears at the wheel. Can anyone tell me a place on the net to see a mechanical drawing of how the differential works on these new Kubotas?

/ Kubota 4x4 front drive axle???? #2  
Hi They do have a diff. it is loaded from end of tube. I was very interested in this also as I build gear cutting machines for a living. You can go to kubotabooks.com and look at the parts manuals. Larry

/ Kubota 4x4 front drive axle????
Thanks, that is a pretty good site. I found out it was a B3200. That model isn't in the list at that site. I found some others that were like it. I still can't believe that a differential will fit in a small straight tube like it does.

/ Kubota 4x4 front drive axle???? #4  
Remember there are two gear reductions from the dif to the front spindle. On my BX2230 the ratio is 5 to 1. Front axle does five revs for every one rev of the spindle. The differential only sees one fifth the torque on the spindle.

I don't know about the B3200, but on the B3030, the ratio is 8.52 to 1.

Makes quite a difference in the sizing of the diff.