Grading Kubota M8540 blade

/ Kubota M8540 blade #1  

E/S

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab
i am a new owner with a problem and could really use some help.
i suddenly need to grade several miles of based road ( property owners association died ) frequently. does anyone have any recomdations on the best way to do this?
E/S

/ Kubota M8540 blade #2  
Get a really good box blade and a hydraulic top link. It will work wonders. If it is really several miles, a road grader will be needed as you will have trouble working out the waves with a box blade.

/ Kubota M8540 blade #3  
I agree w/above comment. hydraulic top link really helps on fine tuning the grade. I'd go w/a 3" diameter cyl. on the bb, get a heavy duty one w/retractable rippers (manual should be fine w hyd top link). I have a 7' Land Pride that does a good job...could go w/an 8' but you'll have to watch that extra foot extending on either side of your rear wheels. But like the above post said, you'll need a grader to do serious work. bb

/ Kubota M8540 blade #4  
i've got a 8" rear blade with hydraulic tilt and angle. it also has end plates to catch the dirt. it works great for grading our gravel roads. just another option.

/ Kubota M8540 blade
Thanks for all the input.
I have a 8' landpride box scraper with hydraulic top link and rippers, but like you said, it's hard to get rid of the ripples.
And yes I do have several miles to do (2.75 mi. ).
Has any on used any other type of attachments to accomplish this?
E/S

/ Kubota M8540 blade #7  
Has any on used any other type of attachments to accomplish this?
E/S

A landscape rake with gauge wheels will probably do a smoother job. I've heard of putting gauge wheels on a box blade. That would probably help also but I don't have any experience with that.

Ken

/ Kubota M8540 blade #8  
Not that i have an L 8540 but road graders that have ripples are moving too fast or taking too big a "bite".