Backhoe B3200 with BH76 Backhoe Strap Attachment

/ B3200 with BH76 Backhoe Strap Attachment #1  

Tjaltz

Tractor
Kubota B3200, L6060
I have B3200 that I use with a FEL and Backhoe installed. Sometimes I have the need to attach a tow strap to drag a log out of the woods. The BH76 Backhoe blocks access to the drawbar, so I need to attach a nylon tow strap somewhere on the backhoe. The attached image shows where I think I can wrap the strap around the base of the boom. The boom would be locked with the travel pin. Any problems with doing this? Where do others attach a tow strap/chain when the backhoe is installed? Thanks for any information.

Attachments

• BH76strap.jpg
    BH76strap.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 424
   / B3200 with BH76 Backhoe Strap Attachment #2  
I have B3200 that I use with a FEL and Backhoe installed. Sometimes I have the need to attach a tow strap to drag a log out of the woods. The BH76 Backhoe blocks access to the drawbar, so I need to attach a nylon tow strap somewhere on the backhoe. The attached image shows where I think I can wrap the strap around the base of the boom. The boom would be locked with the travel pin. Any problems with doing this? Where do others attach a tow strap/chain when the backhoe is installed? Thanks for any information.

==========================================================

I would not do it period. the reason is simply the travel pin is ment to hold the boom of the backhoe in the upright position and any stress on the boom from a log bucking up and down in the mud may eventually break the pin and ruin the pin and bushings if it has bushings.

If you can install a clevis on to the draw bar you could slip a rope or small strap through it and then the log.

Do you use a car hood on the front of the log to skid the log on when you pull them out?

leon

/ B3200 with BH76 Backhoe Strap Attachment
The problem is I can't have the drawbar in place while the backhoe is installed. I use a skigging tong to grab the down logs and drag them out.

Attachments

• skidder.jpg
    skidder.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 165