ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size?

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #1  

amigauser

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I am in the process of mounting lights on my GL3240. I noticed there is a bolt hole with welded on nut on the front of the rops near the hinge (on both sides) were the ROPS fold down. Has anyone used that point to mount lights? Does anyone know what size bolt and thread size is needed to mount a light there? It looks like a handy spot as the lights would face forward if the ROPS was up or down unlike ones mounted to the top of the ROPS.

Otherwise I may go with these.
http://www.wiedmannbros.com/ROPS-Mounted-Light-Bracket_p_190.html#

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #2  
I'm not sure of the bolt size. Kubota also makes a ROPS mounted B7335 Work Light.

Attachments

• 100_1572.jpg
    100_1572.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 508
   / ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #3  
they are the same as the bolts that holds the set belt on. for safty reason i cant say where my bolts came from for my lights :D

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #4  
I had the same thoughts for my L4400. I think it was 5/8 UNC. I wrote it down and filed it in a safe place!! Now all I have to do is remember where:D

Cityfarma

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #5  
On my 2920 its the same size and pitch for the bolt holding the seat belt to its mount. I see another fellow found that out as well....but I just took one of them to the harware store and bought two like it for the ROPS and then replaced the one in the seat belt anchor.

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #6  
I am in the process of mounting lights on my GL3240. I noticed there is a bolt hole with welded on nut on the front of the rops near the hinge (on both sides) were the ROPS fold down. Has anyone used that point to mount lights? Does anyone know what size bolt and thread size is needed to mount a light there? It looks like a handy spot as the lights would face forward if the ROPS was up or down unlike ones mounted to the top of the ROPS.
My question is does anyone know what the purpose is of thefore mentioned nut welded on the ROPS? On my B2320 there is a good sized plastic knob with bolt screwed into one of the holes. It seems as though its' purpose is to keep the ROPS from rattling.

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #7  
That is exactly what its there for, to keep the ROPs from rattling.

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size?
they are the same as the bolts that holds the set belt on. for safty reason i cant say where my bolts came from for my lights :D

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size? #9  
I had the same thoughts for my L4400. I think it was 5/8 UNC. I wrote it down and filed it in a safe place!! Now all I have to do is remember where:D

Cityfarma

I think you will find it is 5/8 UNF.

weedpharma

/ ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size?
Finally had some time this weekend to mess with it. The other poster was correct in that the seat belt strap bolt is the same size as the two anti-rattle rops holes. I took the bolt down to the local hardware store and the correct size is 10mm x 1.25. I purchased two 10mm x 1.25 x 20mm bolts and mounted two Hella work lights today. They work like a champ. The only issues is you end up surrounded by bugs :rolleyes: My main nightime use will be in the fall and winter months anyway so bugs will not be an issue then.