Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Default ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size?

I am in the process of mounting lights on my GL3240. I noticed there is a bolt hole with welded on nut on the front of the rops near the hinge (on both sides) were the ROPS fold down. Has anyone used that point to mount lights? Does anyone know what size bolt and thread size is needed to mount a light there? It looks like a handy spot as the lights would face forward if the ROPS was up or down unlike ones mounted to the top of the ROPS.

Otherwise I may go with these.
    http://www.wiedmannbros.com/ROPS-Mou...ket_p_190.html#
    Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Platinum Member Evil the Weasel's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Re: ROPS bolt hole near hinge - bolt size?

I'm not sure of the bolt size. kubota also makes a ROPS mounted B7335 Work Light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_1572-jpg  
    EtW - Kubota B2620

they are the same as the bolts that holds the set belt on. for safty reason i cant say where my bolts came from for my lights
    B2620,LA364 FEL, tisco toothbar
    LANDPRIDE:FDR1660 mower,BB1560 box scraper
    King Kutter:6ft Blade,6ft yard rake
    lights front and back and a gun rack
    BX2360 60"deck (my cadillac lawn mower)
    RTV 900,camo, (the wifes dump truck)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I had the same thoughts for my L4400. I think it was 5/8 UNC. I wrote it down and filed it in a safe place!! Now all I have to do is remember where

Cityfarma
    Kubota L4400 & FEL, 9 point spring tyne harrow, 33 acres of sanity.

Silver Member

On my 2920 its the same size and pitch for the bolt holding the seat belt to its mount. I see another fellow found that out as well....but I just took one of them to the harware store and bought two like it for the ROPS and then replaced the one in the seat belt anchor.

Tractor
    Kubota B2320HST

Quote Originally Posted by amigauser View Post
    I am in the process of mounting lights on my GL3240. I noticed there is a bolt hole with welded on nut on the front of the rops near the hinge (on both sides) were the ROPS fold down. Has anyone used that point to mount lights? Does anyone know what size bolt and thread size is needed to mount a light there? It looks like a handy spot as the lights would face forward if the ROPS was up or down unlike ones mounted to the top of the ROPS.
    My question is does anyone know what the purpose is of thefore mentioned nut welded on the ROPS? On my B2320 there is a good sized plastic knob with bolt screwed into one of the holes. It seems as though its' purpose is to keep the ROPS from rattling.
    MIKE

Ephesians 6:12

America is a Constitutional Republic.......NOT a democracy! Our founder knew democracies never last!

"Iowa Child" by Sarah Hall Manley

Silver Member

That is exactly what its there for, to keep the ROPs from rattling.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Quote Originally Posted by tubzz View Post
    they are the same as the bolts that holds the set belt on. for safty reason i cant say where my bolts came from for my lights
    Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    Stihl stuff

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cityfarma View Post
    I had the same thoughts for my L4400. I think it was 5/8 UNC. I wrote it down and filed it in a safe place!! Now all I have to do is remember where

Cityfarma
    I think you will find it is 5/8 UNF.

weedpharma
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Finally had some time this weekend to mess with it. The other poster was correct in that the seat belt strap bolt is the same size as the two anti-rattle rops holes. I took the bolt down to the local hardware store and the correct size is 10mm x 1.25. I purchased two 10mm x 1.25 x 20mm bolts and mounted two Hella work lights today. They work like a champ. The only issues is you end up surrounded by bugs My main nightime use will be in the fall and winter months anyway so bugs will not be an issue then.
    Stihl stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast