B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #1  

taborekle

Gold Member
Tractor
Kobuta B2920
I took the tractor in for it;s 50 hour service. What I found interesting is that in calling and talking to the service manager, HE said, "The verdict is still out on whether Kubota is requiring the change of the hydraulic/transmission fluids. What would you like to do?" Asd the next scheduled change interval is at 400 hours, I said "lets change the transmission fluid now" and he thought that would be a good idea.

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #2  
I changed mine at 50 but it was really more like 90 and the screen was perfectly clean.

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #3  
I had mine changed at 50 also. The manual doesn't show it for the first service, but I thought it would be safer than waiting and having trouble later on.

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service
And that's what I thought as well. 400 hours is a long time, especially when it's fresh out of the factory and the gears are wearing in. I might think differently about it if the hydraulics were in a separate reservoir and was only subject to the pump, lines and cylinders, but since it's part of the transmission and is subjected to gear wear, I wanted it changed, even though it's filtered.

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #5  
The only thing that it could hurt is the pocketbook. It is one of those "pay me now or pay me later" situations. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Everything will get changed out at my 50 hour service. Also, I don't like the idea of changing only filters in the middle of a fluid change cycle. When the filters go the fluids will go also.

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #6  
The only thing that it could hurt is the pocketbook. It is one of those "pay me now or pay me later" situations. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Everything will get changed out at my 50 hour service. Also, I don't like the idea of changing only filters in the middle of a fluid change cycle. When the filters go the fluids will go also.

And mother nature thinks the same "pay me now or pay me later".

/ B2920 is in for it's 50 hour service #7  
Change the fluid
We just hashed this all out about a week ago or two so why are we starting out all over again with nothing in the bag?:confused: