Hydraulic Fluid

/ Hydraulic Fluid #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have a BX22 and one of my hydraulic lines have a slow leak. I am going to replace it soon, but in the mean time I need to add hydraulic fluid to it to keep the level where it should be. Do I have to use Kubota Hydraulic fluid or can I use any brand? I would get it from Kubota, but the nearest place that sells it is an hour away and I don't have time to make a trip there. I need to use the tractor tomorrow but want to make sure the fluid is up to the fill point. Could I get some at an automotive place like Advanced Auto? Thanks.

/ Hydraulic Fluid #2  
If there is a large Shell or Chevron dealer, not little gas stations, they should have what you are looking for.

Any tractor store would have something that would work. However, some hydraulic fluids are not compatible with others so make sure the fluid is compatible with Kubota UDT or Super UDT.

/ Hydraulic Fluid #3  
I have a BX22 and one of my hydraulic lines have a slow leak. I am going to replace it soon, but in the mean time I need to add hydraulic fluid to it to keep the level where it should be. Do I have to use Kubota Hydraulic fluid or can I use any brand? I would get it from Kubota, but the nearest place that sells it is an hour away and I don't have time to make a trip there. I need to use the tractor tomorrow but want to make sure the fluid is up to the fill point. Could I get some at an automotive place like Advanced Auto?
Thanks.
What did you have in mind to do when it comes time to change the fluid?
I'd just go visit the dealer and pick up 12 - 15 quarts as you will need it sooner or later.

/ Hydraulic Fluid #4  
Don't use a regular hydraulic fluid. It doesn't have the correct characteristics / additives for wet brakes or hydrostatic transmissions. Use only a "Universal Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid" specifically intended for use in tractors. Find one that lists as meeting Kubota UDT specs.

/ Hydraulic Fluid #6  
This particular mystic is not compatable...the JT-5...I think that is it ... is compatable. I will search TSC and post again soon. Tim

/ Hydraulic Fluid #7  
Here is the partial info from Citgo.com Mystic

M Y S T I K ® J T - 5 ® U N I V E R S A L
T R A N S - H Y D R A U L I C F L U I D
M 2 0 0 1 4
Exceeds the Requirements of John Deere J20C
Mystik JT-5 Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid provides excellent performance in modern agricultural
equipment. It offers outstanding gear wear protection, brake chatter control and oxidation resistance.
Particularly well suited for hard working applications where an added level of protection is desired.
Excellent filterability characteristics along with rust and corrosion inhibitors, water tolerance, and
wide temperature range performance.
• Exceeds the requirements of John Deere Specification J20C
• Meets the performance requirements for Sundstrand Hydrostatic Transmission Fluid (HTF)
• Meets the pump performance requirements of Denison HF-O, HF-1, and HF-2
• Contains special “friction modifiers” for superior brake chatter control
• Formulated to resist leakage
• Formulated with advanced detergent/dispersant, antiwear, antioxidant, antirust, and
antifoam additives
• Has proven field performance
• Offers performance in industrial and construction equipment calling for Allison C-3, or
Caterpillar TO-2
MYSTIK® JT-5® UNIVERSAL TRANS-HYDRAULIC FLUID
Material Code 663509002
API Gravity, ASTM D 4052, °API 30.2
Density, lb/gal 7.3
Specific Gravity 0.88

P R O D U C T I N F O R M A T I O N
M 2 0 0 1 4
MYSTIK® JT-5® UNIVERSAL TRANS-HYDRAULIC FLUID
RECOMMENDED BY CITGO TO REPLACE
ALLIS-CHALMERS CORP. DEUTZ-ALLIS MASSEY-FERGUSON
Power Fluid 821 AC Power Fluid 821XL Permatran® - III Fluid
M-1135
J.I. CASE FIAT-HESSTON M-1141
TFD Fluid No. 143 M-1110
TFD Fluid No. 183 FORD NEW HOLLAND M-1127B, A
Hi-Lo TCH Fluid No. 145 FNHA-2-C-201 (Replaces M-1129A
ESN-M2C134-D) M-1145
ESN-M2C134-D, C
ESN-M2C53-B, A
CASE INTERNATIONAL ESN-M2C41-B, A
JIC-145 (MS-1210) ESN-M2C48-B SPERRY NEW HOLLAND
JIC-185 (MS-1204) ESN-M2C86-C, B
Powerguard™ PTF (MS-1206)
Hy-Tran® Fluid B-6 STEIGER
Hy-Tran® PLUS (MS-1207) Hydraulic/Transmission
Hy-Tran® ULTRA (MS-1209) Fluid
INTERNATIONAL
JOHN DEERE HARVESTER
Hy-Gard® Hy-Tran® Fluid B-6 VERSATILE
J14B
J20A VOLVO WB101
J20C KUBOTA
Quatrol™ UDT Fluid WHITE FARM (UHTF Type 55)
Super UDT Fluid Q1826
Q1705
LANDINI Q1766
Q1802
(1) Meets the performance requirements of Allison C-4 as specified by John Deere.
NOTE: The trademarks listed belong to the indicated companies.
D a t e 1 / 0 9 - ( C o n t i n u e d )
M Y S T I K ® J T - 5 ® U N I V E R S A L
T R A N S - H Y D R A U L I C F L U I D

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Fluid
Thanks for the info. I am going to wait and get the Kubota fluid. I don't want to mess anything up. I am looking online and the super UDT is allot more money than the standard UDT. Do I have to use super and should I use the super?

/ Hydraulic Fluid #9  
Thanks for the info. I am going to wait and get the Kubota fluid. I don't want to mess anything up. I am looking online and the super UDT is allot more money than the standard UDT. Do I have to use super and should I use the super?

Depends on your location on whether you should use SUDT or not. If you live in a cold climate, it is suggested that you use SUDT. Some dealers in warmer climates don't even sell the SUDT.

If you are only topping off the fluid and not changing the fluid, I would suggest buying the same type of fluid already in your tractor.

/ Hydraulic Fluid #10  
If there is a large Shell or Chevron dealer, not little gas stations, they should have what you are looking for.

Any tractor store would have something that would work. However, some hydraulic fluids are not compatible with others so make sure the fluid is compatible with Kubota UDT or Super UDT.

Well I would not just use any oil! According to Kubota only udt and sudt us compatible!