Snow Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60"

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
I have a 50" 3pt snow blower that I bought with my B7100HST, which is rated for 12HP at the PTO. I now have a B7610, which is rated for 18HP at the PTO (24HP at the engine).

My question is, is it worth upgrading to a 60" snow blower if I find a good deal on one, or would I be best off with the 50", and just go faster.

I've only had the 50" unit for one season, and we had a record low snowfall last year, 4" being the biggest snow, so I used the rear blade for all of it, and didn't use the blower, so I have no idea how well matched it was for the B7100's 12 PTO HP. My gut tells me that if it was well matched, that the B7610 can easily run a larger unit.

I only see using the blower if the snow is 6" or more. We rarely get snows over 12", so I'm thinking that the 60" would be easy for my tractor, and if it gets deep, I could just go slow.

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #2  
I'd just keep the 50" if it covers your tire tracks. I think the blower on my B2400 was 52" and I thought it was a perfect match. I don't see any problems with running a 60", but if I already owned a 50", thats where I'd stay.

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #3  
One other option is to add the "drift knives" that Kubota has. I saw them installed on a blower at a dealership last spring, and they actually extend the width of the blower 3"-4", or a bit more by the looks, and are pretty heavy duty. I had not seen them before, or seen them advertised. My B2620 is rated for a 50" blower, and I think you will be fine with what you have.

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #4  
No doubt the B7610 will handle the 60" blower. In my opinion, if you only get that little snow then you should just keep the 50". It sounds like it works just fine and why give yourself the headache of trying to hunt down another one.

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60"
No doubt the B7610 will handle the 60" blower. In my opinion, if you only get that little snow then you should just keep the 50". It sounds like it works just fine and why give yourself the headache of trying to hunt down another one.

Actually, I know of one for sale for $800, which is a good price (it is good brand, but I don't want to give too much away until I pick it up. I paid a deposit online about 10 minutes ago, and will pick it up later today. I think I can get that much, or a little more for my 50".

You're right, I really don't need a wider one, but if I can do it for free, or even make a little money (to save towards the next attachment), I will. I've traded up tractors this way too (paid barely more for the B7610 than I sold my B7100HST for).

We do get an occasional 2-footer, and my wife is a nurse, and MUST go to work. If the roads are open enough for 4WD or snow mobile, they'll even come get her if we can't drive in. Plus, she leaves at around 6am for work when the roads are bad, so the quicker I can clear the drive, the later I can sleep :D

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #6  
Actually, I know of one for sale for $800, which is a good price (it is good brand, but I don't want to give too much away until I pick it up. I paid a deposit online about 10 minutes ago, and will pick it up later today. I think I can get that much, or a little more for my 50".

You're right, I really don't need a wider one, but if I can do it for free, or even make a little money (to save towards the next attachment), I will. I've traded up tractors this way too (paid barely more for the B7610 than I sold my B7100HST for).

We do get an occasional 2-footer, and my wife is a nurse, and MUST go to work. If the roads are open enough for 4WD or snow mobile, they'll even come get her if we can't drive in. Plus, she leaves at around 6am for work when the roads are bad, so the quicker I can clear the drive, the later I can sleep :D

In that case that is a clear cut decagon. Go for the 60". $800 for a good working blower around here would be pretty much a giveaway. I would be surprised if you could not sell the 50" blower for at least that much.
I have a 60" blower for my B7510 that I bought used for $1200 and it was a good find by local standards.

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60" #7  
The wider the better up to a point and if you can sell you 50" and make a profit so much the better. For me a rear blower would be a poor choice since we get a lot of snow.

full-driveway-2_4_09.jpg

/ Snow blower for B7610(24hp/18PTO), 50" or 60"
I got home with it a few hours ago. It is a Woods SB-60. It has some minor rust, but is in good working order. All-in-all, a good find for $800!
I have my rear tires set as wide as they go, which makes it 53", so I was going to need to set them a little narrower with the 50". Now I can leave them where they are.

I'll post pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.

Thanks for all the advice!
Jay