What's missing?

/ What's missing? #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Here's one that you guys might be able to help me with. I'm working on a friends BX2200 and I've noticed two holes in the HST that I would think should have something in them. The question is, what's missing?

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 368
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 350
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 327
   / What's missing? #2  
Now I don't know about the missing bolts but it sure looks like someone made off with the Radiator!;)

/ What's missing? #3  
Now I don't know about the missing bolts but it sure looks like someone made off with the Radiator!;)

The motors on these tractors are actually reversed. Meaning, the flywheel on my 1830 is in the front of the tractor, and the radiator is between the driver & the tractor.

That's what I thought the first time I looked under the hood of what is now my 1830 :)

/ What's missing? #4  
Ah ha; that's why the coolant overflow is on the back end!;):D

/ What's missing? #5  
I blew through the parts manual for a bx22 and they don't show anything mounted in those holes. They may use the same part on a different tractor that uses them... I can try to remember to look at mine (bx22) once the mud dries up this weekend.

Jeff

/ What's missing? #6  
I just went out and looked at my 2200. I found out 2 things: 1) those spots are much easier to see once you remove the sheet metal and extra stuff! and 2) I really need to spend some time cleaning!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I couldn't see the hole on the side with the hydraulics valve, too much stuff (both tractor stuff and dirt) in the way. I think that I could see the hole on the "passenger side" and it was open and full of dirt so I seem to be missing what ever you are missing :D It seems odd that there isn't a plug in the hole to keep dirt out.

/ What's missing?
Thanks everyone for your input. Although it's hard for me understand but after all the research I've done on this I have to say that noting goes there. I also got the dealer to print off a parts breakdown of that area and it shows nothing that goes in there. Why it is threaded I have no idea but I just wanted to post my findings so far.

Attachments

• mising parts.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 132
   / What's missing? #8  
Sometimes, in mechanical things, engines, trans, trucks, etc,
"extra holes" are there for a manufacturing reason. The assembly line tools and transports might use them.

Other times, "extra holes" are there for an engineering reason, ie. attachment, accessory that was once planned, but has yet to come into being, or was discontinued by the manufacturer.

/ What's missing? #9  
I've reserved comment in this thread since I prefer to be thought a fool, than open my mouth and remove all doubt.:eek:

Seems to me I recall reading here that the manufacturers put 'test ports' in their hydrostats for diagnosing problems. I assume to test pressures and whatnot. Any chance these are diagnostic ports? :confused: