BX25 HST question

/ BX25 HST question #1  

sxs191

Silver Member
I purchased a BX25 and have read allot of threads where people say that with the HST they rarely have to use the brakes. I am having to use the brakes every time I take my foot off the forward or reverse pedal. (Even on flat ground) The machine tends to want to keep it's momentum going. Is there a tensioning spring somewhere on the pedals I can adjust to correct this issue? Thanks, Scott

/ BX25 HST question #2  
   / BX25 HST question
Thx. Apparently it's a common issue that looks like it can be corrected about 5% of the time, the other 95% have to learn to adapt to it.

/ BX25 HST question #5  
How far are you rolling after you take your foot off the HST pedal?

/ BX25 HST question
I would compare it to putting a vehicle in neutral to stop. The distance all depends on the speed I'm traveling when I take my foot of the pedal. Unless I hit the brakes, gravity decides on how far I roll.

/ BX25 HST question #8  
I would compare it to putting a vehicle in neutral to stop. The distance all depends on the speed I'm traveling when I take my foot of the pedal. Unless I hit the brakes, gravity decides on how far I roll.

I couldn't handle that as hard as it is to get my foot on the brake. My BX2660doesn't stop as quickly as my BX2200 did, but it won't roll more than a foot or so depending on HI/LO selection. Initially my wife and I didn't even like it to go this far, but after using it, we like the less abrupt stops. If I need to stop quicker, which is rare, I usually just tap reverse.