Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default BX25 HST question

    I purchased a BX25 and have read allot of threads where people say that with the HST they rarely have to use the brakes. I am having to use the brakes every time I take my foot off the forward or reverse pedal. (Even on flat ground) The machine tends to want to keep it's momentum going. Is there a tensioning spring somewhere on the pedals I can adjust to correct this issue? Thanks, Scott

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    109
    Location
    Collin Co. Texas
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L2600DT, F13D Yanmar, Sears garden tractor with MMM, older JD Garden Tractor with MMM, Gravely commercial ZTM

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    Try this link, there is some discussion on your issue. Also, do a search like BX hst pedal, several posts about this.




    Good luck and let us know what happens.

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    109
    Location
    Collin Co. Texas
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L2600DT, F13D Yanmar, Sears garden tractor with MMM, older JD Garden Tractor with MMM, Gravely commercial ZTM

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    Sorry, Scott, the link didn't seem to post. I'll try again.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...-position.html

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    Thx. Apparently it's a common issue that looks like it can be corrected about 5% of the time, the other 95% have to learn to adapt to it.

  5. #5
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,299
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    How far are you rolling after you take your foot off the HST pedal?

  6. #6
    Elite Member dodge man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,756
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    There is an adjustment for this that might help.

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    I would compare it to putting a vehicle in neutral to stop. The distance all depends on the speed I'm traveling when I take my foot of the pedal. Unless I hit the brakes, gravity decides on how far I roll.

  8. #8
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,299
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: BX25 HST question

    Quote Originally Posted by sxs191 View Post
    I would compare it to putting a vehicle in neutral to stop. The distance all depends on the speed I'm traveling when I take my foot of the pedal. Unless I hit the brakes, gravity decides on how far I roll.
    I couldn't handle that as hard as it is to get my foot on the brake. My BX2660doesn't stop as quickly as my BX2200 did, but it won't roll more than a foot or so depending on HI/LO selection. Initially my wife and I didn't even like it to go this far, but after using it, we like the less abrupt stops. If I need to stop quicker, which is rare, I usually just tap reverse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.