BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #2  
They look pretty good to me. I made the wheel spacers for my BX24 out of 10" diameter bar stock. They provide a 3.5" offset, and about 400 pounds of weight.

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #4  
Last I had heard was that was wheel spacers weren't recommended or safe for the tractor as far as the axles.

Anyone had any personal long-term use when using wheel spacers. Any issues with the seals or the axles?

I could really benefit from a few extra inches with the property I mow.

I'd appreciate any info, also does anyone else have any dealers for them?

Personally didn't care for the description for the eBay add of "generously welded" description.

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #6  
I see no reason to use them.
You see no reason for you to use them or to use them period? An extra few inches would make a world of differnce on my property, so wouldn't a few more feet for length.

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #7  
Yes, all wheel spacers increase the bearing load. The amount of which is based upon thae ratio of the spacer width and the distance between the two bearings which hold both ends of each axle in place. On my hilly property, I am willing to sacrifice a 10% reduction in axle bearing life to a 20% increase in wheel spacing (roll over protection).

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #8  
Yes, all wheel spacers increase the bearing load. The amount of which is based upon thae ratio of the spacer width and the distance between the two bearings which hold both ends of each axle in place. On my hilly property, I am willing to sacrifice a 10% reduction in axle bearing life to a 20% increase in wheel spacing (roll over protection).

I understand that it will increase wear. I guess what I am asking is that equipment just really isn't over built anymore and doesn't last with heavy use. I don't want to do something like that and two weeks later be replacing an axle or seal.

Somewhere on TBN, I had read where someone made (I think it was a BX) into a dually. But the axle didn't hold up for very long.

I am also concerned about buying something that is not made to handle the weight and will break off. I don't want to lose a wheel going down the hill. I have already hit a few places where I had opposite wheels off the ground. That was not fun, and fortunately that ride only lasted for about 5 feet. Those BX's can really travel fast like that.

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER
Some time ago I posted a message requesting anyone that installed wheel spacers (and only wheel spacers) and had problems to post a reply, it was a survey, only those experiencing a problem were to post. No replies were posted. This tells me that operators installing the 2 inch spacers are not experincing failures.

/ BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER #10  
I've used the Bro-Tek ones since June 2008 (about 90 hours), moving snow all winter and a lot of other projects and no axle problems. Makes the tractor a lot more stable and reduces the pucker factor.