Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER

Anyone have experience with these wheel spacers? Seem to be sturdy enough and significantly less expensive than some of the alternatives.

Wheel Spacers kubota BX24 Compact Tractor, Others :eBay Motors (item 120461828112 end time Sep-21-09 20:28:30 PDT)

Note you can get spacers in three different sizes for the same cost.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX24 and RTV500

Default Re: BX24 WHEEL SPACERS DIFFERENT SUPPLIER

They look pretty good to me. I made the wheel spacers for my BX24 out of 10" diameter bar stock. They provide a 3.5" offset, and about 400 pounds of weight.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Yea, its pretty clear why they are cheaper. I'd want somthing solid cast myself.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Last I had heard was that was wheel spacers weren't recommended or safe for the tractor as far as the axles.

Anyone had any personal long-term use when using wheel spacers. Any issues with the seals or the axles?

I could really benefit from a few extra inches with the property I mow.

I'd appreciate any info, also does anyone else have any dealers for them?

Personally didn't care for the description for the eBay add of "generously welded" description.
    Brian

2008 2500HD CC SB Duramax 6.6L
    2005 Suzuki Eiger
    2009 Rubicon 4-wheeler
    2011 John Deere 2520, FEL, and 62D belly mower, 6 foot box blade, 6 foot rear blade, a set of pallet forks, a 5 foot brush hog.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

I see no reason to use them.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post
    I see no reason to use them.
    You see no reason for you to use them or to use them period? An extra few inches would make a world of differnce on my property, so wouldn't a few more feet for length.
    Brian

2005 Suzuki Eiger
    2009 Rubicon 4-wheeler
    2011 John Deere 2520, FEL, and 62D belly mower, 6 foot box blade, 6 foot rear blade, a set of pallet forks, a 5 foot brush hog.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX24 and RTV500

Yes, all wheel spacers increase the bearing load. The amount of which is based upon thae ratio of the spacer width and the distance between the two bearings which hold both ends of each axle in place. On my hilly property, I am willing to sacrifice a 10% reduction in axle bearing life to a 20% increase in wheel spacing (roll over protection).

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by kdm0811 View Post
    Yes, all wheel spacers increase the bearing load. The amount of which is based upon thae ratio of the spacer width and the distance between the two bearings which hold both ends of each axle in place. On my hilly property, I am willing to sacrifice a 10% reduction in axle bearing life to a 20% increase in wheel spacing (roll over protection).
    I understand that it will increase wear. I guess what I am asking is that equipment just really isn't over built anymore and doesn't last with heavy use. I don't want to do something like that and two weeks later be replacing an axle or seal.

Somewhere on TBN, I had read where someone made (I think it was a BX) into a dually. But the axle didn't hold up for very long.

I am also concerned about buying something that is not made to handle the weight and will break off. I don't want to lose a wheel going down the hill. I have already hit a few places where I had opposite wheels off the ground. That was not fun, and fortunately that ride only lasted for about 5 feet. Those BX's can really travel fast like that.
    Brian

2005 Suzuki Eiger
    2009 Rubicon 4-wheeler

Some time ago I posted a message requesting anyone that installed wheel spacers (and only wheel spacers) and had problems to post a reply, it was a survey, only those experiencing a problem were to post. No replies were posted. This tells me that operators installing the 2 inch spacers are not experincing failures.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I've used the Bro-Tek ones since June 2008 (about 90 hours), moving snow all winter and a lot of other projects and no axle problems. Makes the tractor a lot more stable and reduces the pucker factor.
    If you're not the lead dog the view never changes.

BX24, loaded R4s, skid plates and wheel spacers, thumb, fold down canopy, lights, Woods RB60 and LR60, DR Power Grader, BH dolly, seatback bag, bucket hooks, leaky LF tire or rim since day 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast