Can BX seats be adjusted?

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #1  

Bamacummins

Bronze Member
I'm on the fence for my new purchase of a 2009 BX2360 or a NEW 2008 BX2660 that some dealers may still have for the same money. But, I have been sitting on both and love the 2660 seat mainly because it supports my back better than the other. (i.e it holds me more upright) It seems that the other models seat won't slide far enough up for us short legged folks to get the back support I think I will need. Are there anyway to adjust this? Seems like Kubota would have allowed the seat to slide closer to steering wheel so you don't have to reach so far.

If the 2008's are gone then I would hate to pay an extra $1000 just for a better seat.

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #2  
If your asking if the seat can slide forward and backwards, then yes.

The 2360 just slides back and forth while the 2660 adds the ability to recline the back.

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #4  
I have not spent alot of time sitting in various seats, of the various tractors, which is something you have done? You will be the best judge of comfort.

That said, According to Kubota's own literature, I do believe I am right in saying that on the BX's from 2008, especially if it was a xx50 series, there was a substantial upgrade to the seat with the xx60 series. For me, and I am only 5'8" (5'9" on any form I ever fill out, though :D) my seats adjusts wonderfully, and the comfort is superb.

Cannot compare it to the xx50 seat it replaced. Never sat on one.

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #5  
The seat on the BX2660 was one of the major selling points for me. My wife is 5'5" and I am 5'9"; fits both of us perfectly.

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #6  
I'm on the fence for my new purchase of a 2009 BX2360 or a NEW 2008 BX2660 that some dealers may still have for the same money. But, I have been sitting on both and love the 2660 seat mainly because it supports my back better than the other. (i.e it holds me more upright) It seems that the other models seat won't slide far enough up for us short legged folks to get the back support I think I will need. Are there anyway to adjust this? Seems like Kubota would have allowed the seat to slide closer to steering wheel so you don't have to reach so far.

If the 2008's are gone then I would hate to pay an extra $1000 just for a better seat.

I have a bx2360 and have the same concerns. I did not notice that aspect though during my comparisons. What I did for a temporary fix is to use a 2" thick back cushion I had in the attic. I'm 5'10" and find that is just barely comfortable as I still have to reach for the steering wheel. And that gets tiresome on the shoulders. I'm looking at a way to relocate the seat forward on the tilt over frame.

I do have a b7200 which is ergonomically comfortable (25 years old now) and a b3030, seat position is fine but the seat has a terrible slant forward. I love the machines, but the bx2360 seems to be designed for someone who is 6'2. Great mowing machine though.

/ Can BX seats be adjusted? #7  
On my BX 2360, when the seat was positioned as far forward as possible, there were still several adjustment holes available in the track. There was a metal tab that prevented the seat from moving any further forward. I removed these tabs and gained about another inch.