Squealing BX2660

/ Squealing BX2660 #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Put my FEL back on my BX2660 and it's squealing when bucket reaches maximum extension right and left with control lever?:confused: If you know why, please respond.

/ Squealing BX2660 #2  
that's the relief pressure springs kicking in. doing it too long could deadhead the pump.

/ Squealing BX2660 #3  
Put my FEL back on my BX2660 and it's squealing when bucket reaches maximum extension right and left with control lever?:confused: If you know why, please respond.

=========================================================

The hydraulic oil is bypassing the gimbal valve and going through the relief valve back to tank because that section of the valve is closed to oil when you fully extend the bucket or retract it and the pump output is passing through the relief circut.

/ Squealing BX2660 #4  
It was also doing that before you took it off. When you reach the end of your extension (or retraction), let off of the lever.

/ Squealing BX2660 #5  
I have the same thing with my BX25. It just started doing this one day. It will also do it when you raise and lower the 3PT and hit the end of travel. The relief valve always made noise at the end of travel, but it is now a squeal. I have it in the dealer right now getting all of the Hydro Lines replaced to the main manifold as it has been eating O-Rings (Defect). This squeal issue was on the squawk list for the dealer so I will see if they think it is anything to worry about.

Cheers,

/ Squealing BX2660
Thanks to all responders. Wasn't doing it before and my other tractors have never done this and only does it when pushed right or left. Have deck/3ph fully up and it doesn't do it.

radiomanRe: Squealing BX2660
that's the relief pressure springs kicking in. doing it too long could deadhead the pump.
To long like holding it in squeal position or to long by it continueing for weeks with out repair?

DuctapeRe: Squealing BX2660
It was also doing that before you took it off. When you reach the end of your extension (or retraction), let off of the lever.
No, it wasn't. If it was it was doing it silently and all my other tractors have been doing it silently.

/ Squealing BX2660 #7  
According to my Kubota mechanic, it should only "squeal" if left at the maximum extension too long and not under normal operations. I have found unhooking and re hooking the QC sometimes makes a difference, but I am sure you have already thought about this. I would be inclined to take it to the shop before any damage occurs.

I also have a BX2660 and it does not "squeal" unless you make it, ie. high RPM and hold it extended too long.

/ Squealing BX2660
According to my Kubota mechanic, it should only "squeal" if left at the maximum extension too long and not under normal operations. I have found unhooking and re hooking the QC sometimes makes a difference, but I am sure you have already thought about this. I would be inclined to take it to the shop before any damage occurs.

I also have a BX2660 and it does not "squeal" unless you make it, ie. high RPM and hold it extended too long.

After finally figureing out what QC stands for :) (senior moment) I have thought of doing this but haven't tried it yet. I did have some problems getting them QC's to connect correctly so I am going to try that. I hope I figured out what QC stands for, otherwise I may have to check back with you.:)

/ Squealing BX2660 #9  
After finally figureing out what QC stands for :) (senior moment) I have thought of doing this but haven't tried it yet. I did have some problems getting them QC's to connect correctly so I am going to try that. I hope I figured out what QC stands for, otherwise I may have to check back with you.:)

Sorry about that, yes "Quick Connect" couplers sometimes don't work "properly" and it is not just a Kubota thing as I have had to unhook and reconnect them on Massey Ferguson, Case and Kubota. One would think if they "click" and work, they are on correctly, but sometimes for whatever reason it isn't; worth a try.

/ Squealing BX2660
Unhooked all 4 QC's and reinstalled them. Now no squeal actually no nothing. No movement of any function of FEL and mowing deck is in raised position and it and 3ph will not lower. Unhooked all 4 again and reattached making sure I couldn't pull any of them back off without sliding back connect ring which brought forth about a quart of sweat but finally got them all connected solidly and still nothing. Still no dropping/lowering of mowing deck/3ph. The front bucket moves up a hair or 2 hairs and will drop down the one or 2 hairs and that's all folks! Now I'll just have to see if my B3200 can pick it up and set it on the trailer to take it in. It runs so maybe I can back it onto trailer and let the front bucket drag. Course first I'll be talking to the mechanic at Barlows tomorrow. It does sound like pump or whatever is trying to do something when I lift mowing deck/3ph lever but they are already at the top.