Grading best box blade and landscape rake for BX?

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I dont need something too heavy duty. i am clearing about half an acre for grass and I will probably not use these too much when I am done. I will also probably skip wheels for the rake for now. My dealer caries woods. any recommendations? I have searched all the forums. Also any decent new ones for sale online? I am also open to used as long as I can be sure it will work with a 08 BX 24. Thanks

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #2  
Woods makes an excellent product, as so does Land Pride. I believe they are the top two manufactures of tractors implements. I own a 72" Land Pride BB, It is really built like a tank, heavy duty all over. When I was in your position I too researched all the major brands before I bought. Oh York and Kodak make excellent rakes, you can go wrong with either one. Good luck with your choice.
DevilDog

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #3  
If something has moving parts such as a tiller, mower or rotary cutter, I buy brand name; have a Woods 10'6" DS1260 on order now, but when it come to a box blade or something like that, I go for price and construction. I have had good service from "off brands" and saved a lot of money. Make sure they have removable mold boards and good finish. If you are not too picky, some offer good discounts on those with faded paint. Some of the "name brands" are just rebadged "off brands". Just my opinion.

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #4  
Not sure if they're the best, but I own/use Land Pride with both the box blade and landscape rake on my BX23...They're very well built.

Don

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #5  
Put your eyes on the XB units at a local Tractor Supply Company or similar "farm store" type place. We have lesser known ones here in our area.

The orange color and the XB labeling is a bit of a give away that these are designed for sub-compacts. Usually these will be marketed as King Kutter, CountyLine or such, but whatever the name, they look to be made by the same fabricator to my eyes.

I love em, if you are not into spending HUGE amounts of money. I also like them because they are 20" Cat 0 with Cat 1 pins. Again, seems to be pointed directly at BX owners and others with similar machines.

Most of the "yellow" King Kutter implements these stores also sell can get too heavy in a hurry for your 3 pt, imo. Many are also too tall to lift correctly with clearance off the ground. Finally, while it's no big deal, but you have to turn the pins around. 26" is too wide for a BX's 20" spacing.

Last edited:
   / best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #6  
I dont need something too heavy duty. i am clearing about half an acre for grass and I will probably not use these too much when I am done. I will also probably skip wheels for the rake for now. My dealer caries woods. any recommendations? I have searched all the forums. Also any decent new ones for sale online? I am also open to used as long as I can be sure it will work with a 08 BX 24. Thanks

If you will really not need these after this one project, consider renting. Where are you located? Someone on here may be willing to make you a deal.

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #7  
Put your eyes on the XB units at a local Tractor Supply Company or similar "farm store" type place. We have lesser known ones here in our area.

The orange color and the XB labeling is a bit of a give away that these are designed for sub-compacts. Usually these will be marketed as King Kutter, CountyLine or such, but whatever the name, they look to be made by the same fabricator to my eyes.

I love em, if you are not into spending HUGE amounts of money. I also like them because they are 20" Cat 0 with Cat 1 pins. Again, seems to be pointed directly at BX owners and others with similar machines.

Most of the "yellow" King Kutter implements these stores also sell can get too heavy in a hurry for your 3 pt, imo. Many are also too tall to lift correctly with clearance off the ground. Finally, while it's no big deal, but you have to turn the pins around. 26" is too wide for a BX's 20" spacing.

I could not agree more. I have an XB rake and it is a perfect fit.

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX?
Thanks for the info. Anyone unhappy with the XB stuff? It does look good especially for the money.

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #9  
donn12

XB stuff Yeah, I own 'em, I use 'em. I like 'em.
But, Don't get me wrong here. It is basic, no frills and it what it is.

I am talking about easily available, fair priced stuff you drag around, drag through, or push on top of dirt and gravel. Back blades, rakes, middle busters, etc. Stuff you only use a few times a year anyhow. Not fancy. Not very technical or filled with chains, spinning blades, gears, moving parts. Just to be clear.

Would my mid mount mower or FEL be Kubota from my dealer? Oh sure.

Clearing a 1/2 acre for grass? Is that it? What does the ground look like now? Is it scrub, treed, or.....?

/ best box blade and landscape rake for BX? #10  
I have a 5ft cat 1 rear blade, and a 5ft cat 1 rake. No problems lifting it with my BX 24 ground clearance is not really an issue on the BX24 the 3pt was redesigned to help that. Also no problem with weight. As far as a box blade I would go smaller 4ft or the like due to traction issues. I recommend staying away from the TSC. My york rake is from there and I twisted it a few weeks after purchase. I didnt think my BX had enough to twist a rake designed for a bigger tractor.

I buy most of my implements used when I can find them.