Oil & Fuel Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil.

/ Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil. #1  

Grubs

Tractor
Kubota B1750 HST
I have a B1750 with about 1000 hours on the clock.

Hydro fluid is way below the bottom of the dipstick and engine oil is way, way, way up the stick (6" up past the full line!).

I had this problem when I bought the tractor (second hand) 12 months ago and the dealer came on-site and replaced the seal on the main shaft of the hydraulic pump. Since then I've only put on about 20 operating hours. And I have to admit that I havnt been checking my fluid levels at all since then. I can't say for certain that the original fix was in fact successful because I just assumed it was :rolleyes:

My question: What other places (besides the hydraulic pump) are there in the plumbing where hydrostat fluid can be pushed under pressure into the engine oil during operation?

FWIW - I dont have a FEL. The only hydraulics is the 3PH (and the hydrostat gearbox).

Thanks.

/ Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil. #2  
Idont understand how this could be possible.Are you sure its not antifreeze in the oil?
ALAN

/ Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil. #3  
I am not familiar with the B1750, but if your tractor has a dry clutch like many of the Kubota's then oil would not be coming from the hydrostat. If the hydraulic pump is mounted on the engine then that must be the source of the leak. Also, do not run the tractor with engine oil level too high. You will foam the oil which could cause pressure loss or worse if the engine gets too full you could hydrolock it and cause major engine damage.

Last edited:
   / Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil.
Definitely is hydrostat oil mixing with the engine oil. I believe the hydraulic pump is located on the engine block and pumps the hydrostat fluid to drive the 3PH lift.

I certainly *have* operated the tractor with the oil too high :eek:. The first I knew of the problem was oil spurting out of the crankcase breather.

My dealer tells me the two oils (engine and hydrostat) are essentially the same apart from some additives in the hydrostat oil to prevent foaming so hopefully I haven't done any permanent damage.

/ Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil. #5  
My question: What other places (besides the hydraulic pump) are there in the plumbing where hydrostat fluid can be pushed under pressure into the engine oil during operation?

I have a B1550. Much the same machine as yours. I'm pretty sure there's no other way hydro oil could get into the engine.

/ Hydro fluid mixing with engine oil.
Just to finish this thread off... the problem was eventually fixed by replacing the hydraulic pump. New seals etc just didn't work.