B9200D Clutch Problem

/ B9200D Clutch Problem #1  

pcrable

Hi All,
I've been working on restoring an old B9200D tractor for several months now and pretty well have it back together now. The tractor worked fine about 3 months ago when I pressure washed it and started stripping it down to repaint it and then rebuilt / restore it from the frame back up.

Last night I started it up in neutral with the clutch pedal pushed and everything was looking good. When I went to put it into gear, the gears just grind as if the clutch isn't being pushed at all.

I tried shutting it off and putting it in gear first... then push the clutch and turn the key and it lurches just as if the clutch were not pushed.

I tried adjusting the clutch stop bolt all the way in (so the clutch would push in further to disengage) and still no luck.

This is the manual transmission 2 clutch model for the transmission and PTO.

Any ideas ? it's almost like something came off inside the clutch and isn't disengaging it. I can look from underneath and see the push bearing moving towards the engine when you push the pedal.

I have the service manual and checked that all the adjustments for the pedal were in spec, but still no luck.

Sounds like the clutch may be stuck... any way to un-stick it without splitting it ?

Thanks,
--Phil

/ B9200D Clutch Problem #2  
I think you are going to find that the chutch plate has rusted to the surface of the flywheel. This not all that uncommon. The pressure washing may have led to the problem.

Getting it unstuck can be a challenge. Is there any access to the bellhousing... maybe something you can get a screwdriver in to pry against the clutch plate? Sometimes putting it in gear and bumping the starter, with the clutch pedal depressed, breaks it loose too. Hope you get it unstuck.

/ B9200D Clutch Problem
I found some other posts that recommended ways of getting the clutch "unstuck".

I started the tractor in neutral and got it warmed up... then shut it off, pointed it in a safe direction and then started it while it was in gear. It only took running about 10 feet and slamming on the brakes with the clutch pedal pushed before it freed up.

I guess I got lucky that it was only a very mild case of "stuck".

Thanks for the reply,
--Phil
:rolleyes: