Installing a radio

/ Installing a radio #1  

RCtoywizard

Tractor
Kubota M 5040
Hello all

I had a stereo stystem given to me from my son and I want to install it into my Grand Ulra Cab (Kubota 5040).

My question is I see the plug behind the plastic faceplate but I need an adaptor to plug into his radio.
Any good souces so I can just plug n play??? I could figure out the posi and neg and the speaker wires but the posi / neg on the speaker wires these days do make a diff.
I would like to do it right without paying $400 to my local kubota dealer that never has called me to say "so is everythig ok? " since I spent over $35k last June 08""" (Hawkensen's NH )oh, now MB Tractor but after I purchased.

/ Installing a radio #2  
I looked for several hours on the internet and checked at many stores for the correct plug and never found it. One website said Kenworth would fit, but I still could not find the correct one.

If it's a new radio, hopefully it has a manual with a wiring diagram. I've got a M9540 so believe the setup would be the same. I just carefully cut each wire one at a time off the Kubota plug and made the connections. (Good idea to disconnect battery first - I didn't so was just extra careful).

There is a fused + that stays connected to keep radio stations in memory. The other + connects to the ignition switch. The ground is obvious.

As far as the speakers, I just lowered one rear speaker enough that I could peek in and see which wire colors were right rear and +/- and then put it back in place. The other colored wire were then for the left rear and I used the same with/without stripe as I did on the other one for +/-.

The whole job took maybe 20 minutes with the small wire nuts that came with the new radio. Wish I had just done it first and not wasted so much time looking for the stupid plug. Good luck.

/ Installing a radio #4  
Jeff, sure will. Just don't tell me how many seconds it took you to find that site. :)

The plug for my M9540 does not match the one listed for the M series, but the plug for the M105S looks like the right one.