Tractor
    Kubota M 5040

Default Installing a radio

Hello all

I had a stereo stystem given to me from my son and I want to install it into my Grand Ulra Cab (kubota 5040).

My question is I see the plug behind the plastic faceplate but I need an adaptor to plug into his radio.
    Any good souces so I can just plug n play??? I could figure out the posi and neg and the speaker wires but the posi / neg on the speaker wires these days do make a diff.
    I would like to do it right without paying $400 to my local kubota dealer that never has called me to say "so is everythig ok? " since I spent over $35k last June 08""" (Hawkensen's NH )oh, now MB Tractor but after I purchased.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540HDC w FEL

Default Re: Installing a radio

I looked for several hours on the internet and checked at many stores for the correct plug and never found it. One website said Kenworth would fit, but I still could not find the correct one.

If it's a new radio, hopefully it has a manual with a wiring diagram. I've got a M9540 so believe the setup would be the same. I just carefully cut each wire one at a time off the kubota plug and made the connections. (Good idea to disconnect battery first - I didn't so was just extra careful).

There is a fused + that stays connected to keep radio stations in memory. The other + connects to the ignition switch. The ground is obvious.

As far as the speakers, I just lowered one rear speaker enough that I could peek in and see which wire colors were right rear and +/- and then put it back in place. The other colored wire were then for the left rear and I used the same with/without stripe as I did on the other one for +/-.

The whole job took maybe 20 minutes with the small wire nuts that came with the new radio. Wish I had just done it first and not wasted so much time looking for the stupid plug. Good luck.
    Matthew 24: 6-8

Kubota M9540, Landpride 5515, Bush Hog 297, Ranger 800 Crew, ANBO Grapple

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

I just found this site, will this help?

Radio harnesses for kubota Farm Tractors

Tractor
    Kubota M9540HDC w FEL

Jeff, sure will. Just don't tell me how many seconds it took you to find that site.

The plug for my M9540 does not match the one listed for the M series, but the plug for the M105S looks like the right one.
    Matthew 24: 6-8

Kubota M9540, Landpride 5515, Bush Hog 297, Ranger 800 Crew, ANBO Grapple

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Glad to help!