B3200 seat issue

/ B3200 seat issue #1  

JTPass

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I have a new B3200 which replaced a L2550 that I had for over 20 years. I found the seat and operators area on the L2550 to be very comfortable (I am 6' and 275#). The B3200, however, leaves a lot to be desired. I understand that the L2550 is a bigger tractor but the issue is the hieght of the seat on the B3200. I find that my knees are up to my chin (exaggerating) on the B3200 and it is very uncomfortable to operate the HST, especially the reverse. My buddy, who is about 5'8", agrees with me.
My question is, has anyone raised or moved the seat back on the B3200? I have looked at it and am thinking of adding a 1 to 1 1/2" spacer between the seat and the seat attachment rails. The spacer will be the same basic size as the seat bottom so that I do not upset the two safety switches. At the same time I can, by attaching the spacer to the seat bottom with flat head bolts into the existing seat attachment holes in the seat bottom and moving the seat back a bit too, gain even more room. I will make the spacer out of solid oak and use threaded inserts for the new seat rail attachment bolts.
I would appreciate any comments...pro or con.

I hope I explained myself well enough.

Jim in NH

/ B3200 seat issue #2  
When I put an aftermarket seat from Tractor Supply in my B3030, I discovered I sit noticably higher due to the fact that the seat cushion is considerably thicker. I've not made any attempt to measure the difference, but I'd speculate I sit close to an inch higher now. I find it more comfortable to operate the pedals now, especially going from forward to back on the hst pedal. I'm 5'10". Give it a shot...... it doesn't sound like you are making any permanent change so in theory you can switch back to stock if its not more comfortable.

/ B3200 seat issue
Thanks for the advice. I think I looked at your previous thread about your new seat. My only issue, at that time, was the fact that the seat is fabric covered and I don't have a cab on my tractor. After a few hours in the snow or rain I expect it would be like a sponge. Am I off base or is that an issue without a cab? It did sound good to me at the time, other than the fabric issue.

Jim in NH