BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #1  

Dave c.

Does anyone know were I can get the shims needed to increase the front loader hydraulic relief valve pressure.
I called the dealer about them for my BX2230 and he told me he knew nothing about shims. When he looked up the illustration of the valve components, he said it showed no shims at all.

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #2  
I'd find a different dealer.. There are instructions on how to adjust it are right in the service manual. (ref # 210 on the control valve diagram)

The part numbers are:
31351-37950 .4mm
31351-37960 .2mm
31351-37970 .1mm

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #3  
I agree- get a different dealer if he doesnt know how to look up the part numbers :rolleyes: . Anyway The shims are only there to make the spring coil up more, in other words tighter. What I did was I used a micrometer and measured thicknesses of different washers I had and used the smallest one. You would be surprised on how much it actually varys from the manufacter. Luckly, my wife has one of the micrometer from work and I borrowed it for a reading. It works for me, not trying to be cheap, but it works for what I had laying around at the time.;)

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #5  
Earlier this year I put together a check fixture, using a quick coupler and a pressure gauge, purchaced thru Grainger. The Grainger part number is 4VE25, at a cost of $26.25. The gauge is a better quality, 1%, liquid filled in a stainless case. A cheaper gauge can be had for about half the price. You should be able to get the shims at a dealer for well under a dollar a piece.
The pressure releif valve is accessed by removing the left rear tire. There are other threads describing the process, but if needed, I could give you the details. It seems that most tractors are set to the low side of the tolerance, as mine was.

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #6  
I didn't even know that this was a potential issue and that you can actually make the adjustment yourself. I love this forum for that educational perspective...thanks for posting...

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #7  
ibnxe ...

What size male fitting is the quick connect on a bx at that fel hyd connection point. I'd like to get the guage but would need to order the male fitting too.

Anyone have a link to the thread discussing adjustment procedure if mines low. What pressure should we see at what rpm?

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #8  
ibnxe ...

What size male fitting is the quick connect on a bx at that fel hyd connection point. I'd like to get the guage but would need to order the male fitting too.

?

You can remove the fitting from the loader and attach it to the gage/Hose for the test and than reattach it to the loader.

/ BX 2230 UNDER PRESSURE #9  
ibnxe ...

Anyone have a link to the thread discussing adjustment procedure if mines low. What pressure should we see at what rpm?

your pressure is recommended by kubota at 1850 at rated rpm which is 3200. When I checked mine, it was lower, so I bumped mine up. I used liquid filled pressure gauge too with a borrowed coupler from my backhoe.

here the link for the snaptite coupler you want
Item # 72C4-4F, ISO-B Interchange, Poppet Style Quick Disconnect Coupling - Snap-tite 72 Series on Snap-tite, Inc., Quick Disconnect & Valve Div.

here the thread talking about pressure
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/134652-bx-christmas-present.html
and

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/138926-bx-25-relief-valve.html